Price of CFexpress A cards in Australia

AlphaWorld

Veteran Member
Followers
Following
Name
Tony
The current price of the Sony CFeA 160GB card is A$509. They have been over $600 earlier.

The Lexar Gold 160GB CFeA cards are on sale at the same place for A$332. And these are a little faster than the Sonys, too.

I thought the price difference between the two was similar in other countries, but apparently not. I don't know why we a good price, but I've taken advantage of it. I've tried the new card and it seems to work fine.

Man, I’m glad I don’t need that speed! 😳

Well, at least prices seem to be coming down a bit. Still, you can buy any other form of portable storage in that size for a fraction of the cost. I'll stick with SD cards until the prices are more equal.

It's pretty nuts when it would cost almost the same for the company to manufacture any flash type card regardless of the storage size, whether it is 4gb or 160gb. The profit margins on memory cards would be proper insane!

It's pretty nuts when it would cost almost the same for the company to manufacture any flash type card regardless of the storage size, whether it is 4gb or 160gb. The profit margins on memory cards would be proper insane!
Wait...you mean we aren't paying extra due to materials and labor cost?! :eek:

Who'da thunk it?!

You're 100% correct. Here's what's worse, I can buy a 2T portable hard drive for $69.

Wait...you mean we aren't paying extra due to materials and labor cost?! :eek:

Who'da thunk it?!

You're 100% correct. Here's what's worse, I can buy a 2T portable hard drive for $69.

All I know is those monstrous profits wouldn't be passed on to those factory workers in China. It's easier for the shareholders to keep the suicide nets erected instead of paying the workers enough money to feed their families.

I know an ex production manager for Sleepmaker Mattresses. When I first met him he told me that production differs by about $40 from the cheapest queen mattress to the most expensive one. I do love Sleepmaker though, I've used them my whole adult life. 🙂

I know an ex production manager for Sleepmaker Mattresses. When I first met him he told me that production differs by about $40 from the cheapest queen mattress to the most expensive one.
Did he offer a discount? :D

Did he offer a discount? :D

I got him a bit late, I met him once he'd moved on. I was a personal trainer for about eight years and he was one of my clients. That conversation started because I told him how great my new mattress was, so I couldn't even get him to hook me up with one of his connections for a new discounted one... 🤪

Back