Following
Name
Brock Gunter-Smith
Country
Canada
City/State
Manitoba
I’m looking for personal recommendations for:

1. Padded camera strap that will not chafe all all of the skin off my neck as my bog standard Sony strap does. Note: I DO put my strap around my hoodie to add padding, but with summer here, I‘d like something that will by itself be more gentle on my skin when I’m lugging around my A1 or R74 + FE200-600.

2. I see people talking about various lugs (if that is the correct term?) to allow moving the camera strap between being attached to the body versus attaching to the lens to shift distribution of weight a big depending on combination of body and lens…etc. Right now I just have the standard strap slipped through the rings on the body but of course it takes 5 minutes with my clumsy fingers and short nails to even think about removing them and moving the attachment point to the lens For example.

I’m not worried about cost, per say, I just want as good a combination of comfort and realiability/build-quality as is reasonably available.

Thanks for any recommendations. I won’t hold anyone to what my own experience is like if I decide to follow someone’s recommendation as I recognize that everyone’s mileage will vary when it comes to personal preference about fit and form. :)

Brock, search "camera strap harness" on Amazon, Google, et al. I personally use Black Rapid's thinner strap, but many have a wider/thicker padding on shoulder.
Here's a thread on straps that also contains strap example for 200-600 lens:

Alpha Shooter Thread

Brock, search "camera strap harness" on Amazon, Google, et al. I personally use Black Rapid's thinner strap, but many have a wider/thicker padding on shoulder.
Here's a thread on straps that also contains strap example for 200-600 lens:

Alpha Shooter Thread
I swear I try to research on the forum and find prior threads! :) That’s exactly what I was looking for.

I use the Peak Design Slide strap and it's very good.I have a neck nerve problem and found my A7iii with 70-300 fe g oss lens just too heavy. The peak design strap makes a world of difference, with the weight of camera on your hip and across shoulders its comfy and very easy to slide camera up to eye level. The mounting clips are easy to use and would get a couple of spare ones .Hope this helps.
+1

I use the PD Slide and Slide Lite for my A9II / 200-600. Works a treat. Easy to change mouthing points for varying the way the camera “lays”

+1

I use the PD Slide and Slide Lite for my A9II / 200-600. Works a treat. Easy to change mouthing points for varying the way the camera “lays”
Same here, and I like that one side of the Peak Design strap is grippy and the other is smooth so you can decide on the fly which to use. However, in comparison to what Brock is asking about, my kit is a bit lighter as I only have an a6400 and don't usually have a longer lens than the 18-135.

I use this one and liked it when I shot Nikon (which was heavier).

I am a big fan of Peak Design. I have several different straps and wrist straps over the years—the wider straps when I shot with DSLRs. I am using the lighter, thinner ones now with the Mirrorless cameras.

Back