• ISO 125
red plant-4.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 125

I prefer the first crop, it's more balanced and the wider white background lets the image breathe. Maybe I would erase the blurry red leaves leaning out at the center bottom for full effect.

Thanks Alex. I agree, I also wanted to remove the blurred leaves in the bottom right, but my skills with LR were not up to it, I made a bit of a mess, so decided to leave them in. But I agree the first image would be great if I could remove the distraction of the bottom right blurred image.

As a personal preference, i prefer the first photo with more blurry leaves in it to give a sense of depth of field

First one is better. If you want to do something closer, crop in tighter to a select part of the subject

Thanks Alex. I agree, I also wanted to remove the blurred leaves in the bottom right, but my skills with LR were not up to it, I made a bit of a mess, so decided to leave them in. But I agree the first image would be great if I could remove the distraction of the bottom right blurred image.
Hi Alex, this is the best I could do in PS to edit out the blurred image in the bottom right and middle bottom. I think it's a better composition, but I need to improvie my editing in PS. I'm not sure how to seemlessly recover the background.

red plant-6.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 125

Back