Name
Richard Allan
Country
Australia
City/State
Adelaide, South Australia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I didn’t want to resurrect an old thread so starting this one. Has anyone had any success with taking time lapse videos using S&Q mode? What settings are you using? I’m particularly interested in sunrise/sunset. I know the transition from dark to light or vice versa can be difficult. Just after some settings to start with if anyone has any experience.

None whatsoever, but it seems if you were to use Aperture Preferred and Auto ISO the camera would make the necessary adjustments as the light changed. Or if you're a jpeg shooter you could try full auto just to experiment.

After a bit more research it appears that S&Q mode, although very good for time lapses in consistent light, isn't really suitable for sunrises and sunsets. Do you know, Brownie, if it's possible to set a minimum shutter speed in ISO Auto mode? I thought it was but I can't find it now.

After a bit more research it appears that S&Q mode, although very good for time lapses in consistent light, isn't really suitable for sunrises and sunsets. Do you know, Brownie, if it's possible to set a minimum shutter speed in ISO Auto mode? I thought it was but I can't find it now.
Yes, but only in some modes, I can't recall exactly.

Top of this page, 'blogs and resources', then 'cameras', then choose yours and click the 'online guide' link. It is searchable.

Thanks. I’ll have a look.

Thanks again. I found it.

So, I don't know if anyone is interested but I just received one of these: Foolography Unleased. Five days from Berlin to here via Fedex which is pretty good. I bought it primarily to do timelapse videos from day to night because it can do automatic exposure ramping to your specific requirements. Might be very useful for others too, who don't like using the Sony apps. It's quite expensive though.

Back