Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
JohnM
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can explain the following:

On my Sony A1, I had set the picture profile set to S-Log3/S-Gamut3.Cine

I accidentally set ISO at 200 which has horizontal bars above and below.

The videos worked fine but when I shot STILLS without changing the Picture Profile from PP8 to OFF - the REVIEW (on camera display) screen showed that they were exposed properly, but when I brought them into Lightroom, all of the RAW images were about 3 stops underexposed.

In Lightroom by increasing the exposure by +3, the images were fine but somewhat grainy at times - I guess my question is why did the REVIEW on the camera look perfectly exposed, but in Lightroom the RAWs were underexposed.

What do others do when they are in an S-LOG profile and want to quickly shoot stills or vice-versa.

TIA.

John M

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can explain the following:

On my Sony A1, I had set the picture profile set to S-Log3/S-Gamut3.Cine

I accidentally set ISO at 200 which has horizontal bars above and below.

The videos worked fine but when I shot STILLS without changing the Picture Profile from PP8 to OFF - the REVIEW (on camera display) screen showed that they were exposed properly, but when I brought them into Lightroom, all of the RAW images were about 3 stops underexposed.

In Lightroom by increasing the exposure by +3, the images were fine but somewhat grainy at times - I guess my question is why did the REVIEW on the camera look perfectly exposed, but in Lightroom the RAWs were underexposed.

What do others do when they are in an S-LOG profile and want to quickly shoot stills or vice-versa.

TIA.

John M
Did you have gamma display assist enabled?

Thanks for the reply: @maxzoom
I recently realised you can auto set different ISO etc when the mode dials is changed.
Yes the gamma display is enabled.

Back