Full-Frame Samyang/Rokinon 24mm F1.8 AF Image Thread

Affiliate Links
Check Lens Price At: B&H Photo
Hey, @Fraser-Cave, Sony just issued a firmware update for the 6700. You never know what they may fix behind the scenes. Good luck!
Thanks for the heads-up. I'm getting the lens back from the camera store today and they've updated it to V.03, so I'll let you know if either/both help

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm getting the lens back from the camera store today and they've updated it to V.03, so I'll let you know if either/both help
So both the camera and lens have been updated, yet the problem persists. Given the lenses smarts for astro, I'm loath to sell it on and have resigned myself to be patient and just badger both Sony and Samyang every couple of months. In the meantime, thank you all for your advice and input.

That’s Garbage. Sorry to hear it.

Update, thanks to @Thad E Ginathom from another forum. Samyang is stepping up.

Update, thanks to @Thad E Ginathom
Thanks! In turn, I have to credit DPReview as my initial source :cool:.

The problem first became apparent on the a6700 and I followed it on the APS-C forum there.

/Joke
Man goes to the doctor, prods himself sharply in the chest, says, "Doc, it hurts when I do this."
Doc: "well, don't do it then!"
/Joke

Sony support initially (it is alleged)...

"Sony, this lens doesn't work on AF-C!"
Sony: "Well use AF-S then."

Thanks! In turn, I have to credit DPReview as my initial source :cool:.

The problem first became apparent on the a6700 and I followed it on the APS-C forum there.

/Joke
Man goes to the doctor, prods himself sharply in the chest, says, "Doc, it hurts when I do this."
Doc: "well, don't do it then!"
/Joke

Sony support initially (it is alleged)...

"Sony, this lens doesn't work on AF-C!"
Sony: "Well use AF-S then."
Yeah, Sony's response was pretty crappy. Actually, the same guy who posted there with the problem posted here as well. I don't think he's been back since.

Yeah, Sony's response was pretty crappy. Actually, the same guy who posted there with the problem posted here as well. I don't think he's been back since.
Just wondering why you would expect Sony to care if a third party lens works or not on their camera, they have said numerous times they dont test compatibility of these lenses, it is for the lens maker to make sure they work on the mount, Sigma still have issues on Sony mount

Just wondering why you would expect Sony to care if a third party lens works or not on their camera, they have said numerous times they dont test compatibility of these lenses, it is for the lens maker to make sure they work on the mount, Sigma still have issues on Sony mount
Using common sense, 'Sony', is a direct reference to the assclown that answered the phone. Because at that time, he is the face of Sony. His response was shitty if the poster was accurate.

Using common sense, 'Sony', is a direct reference to the assclown that answered the phone. Because at that time, he is the face of Sony. His response was shitty if the poster was accurate.
yep agree but fact remains Samyang are fixing it so obviously their issue, Sony do what Sony do as little as possible to help or update anything :)

'Sony', is a direct reference to the assclown that answered the phone. Because at that time, he is the face of Sony.
Probably the same guy who wrote the Creators' App error messages!.

Yes, @spudhead, you are right, in principle if not in practice too. And whether or not Sony works with the individual 3rd-party lens makers would not be a matter for the guy on the phone.

Anyway, done and dusted. Nearly.

Back