1. Yes
water lillies-1.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 640

Very nice. Our local pond only has the waxy white lilies, I like your 'splashes' of yellow!

Very nice. Our local pond only has the waxy white lilies, I like your 'splashes' of yellow!
Thanks Jim, I think the yellow really lifts the image. I would have liked to get a plan view of the pond, but I needed a drone!

Thanks Jim, I think the yellow really lifts the image. I would have liked to get a plan view of the pond, but I needed a drone!
Drones are super tempting... until you own one. Then you'd see the reality of how few and far between the situations are where you are allowed to fly. If you lived any closer, I'd sell you mine LOL

Its a nice sea of colours for sure, but its a pity there wasn't an angle to get past some of the foreground purple, which is literally blocking your view of a tranquil pond.

Flip the screen so it’s pointed down. Hold the
Camera as high as you can over your head. Look up to compose the shot.

Flip the screen so it’s pointed down. Hold the
Camera as high as you can over your head. Look up to compose the shot.
Drones are super tempting... until you own one. Then you'd see the reality of how few and far between the situations are where you are allowed to fly. If you lived any closer, I'd sell you mine LOL

Its a nice sea of colours for sure, but its a pity there wasn't an angle to get past some of the foreground purple, which is literally blocking your view of a tranquil pond.
Guys, I like the angle and the colours. It reminds me of a Monet painting!

Guys, I like the angle and the colours. It reminds me of a Monet painting!
In your previous post you indicated you wanted a more clear shot. You specifically stated you wish you’d had a plan view. We’re offering you options.

In your previous post you indicated you wanted a more clear shot. You specifically stated you wish you’d had a plan view. We’re offering you options.
Yes, I would have liked a shot from the top to get the entire pond and the yellow flowers from the top, I think they would have looked great. But as this was not possible, I took what I could. As it turned out I was pretty happy with it. In post I thought it had a Monet feel.

Yes, I would have liked a shot from the top to get the entire pond and the yellow flowers from the top, I think they would have looked great. But as this was not possible, I took what I could. As it turned out I was pretty happy with it. In post I thought it had a Monet feel.
And no one is debating that. We're responding to your post.

I would have liked to get a plan view of the pond, but I needed a drone!

Back