Name
Roger Smith
Country
United States
City/State
San Diego
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
trying something different, I'm just not very good at landscapes. Storm churned up the Pacific off La Jolla, San Diego CA
DSC00145.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN | Art 019
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 6/10 sec
  • ISO 50

Hi Roger, I too struggle to see landscapes the way some others manage to. In the spirit of constructive criticism, I'd lose the strip of sky at the top and maybe even crop tight in on the rock. The flow of water over that is beautiful. Just my thoughts.

Hi Roger, I too struggle to see landscapes the way some others manage to. In the spirit of constructive criticism, I'd lose the strip of sky at the top and maybe even crop tight in on the rock. The flow of water over that is beautiful. Just my thoughts.
Agreed! thanks Dave
DSC00145-2.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN | Art 019
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 6/10 sec
  • ISO 50

The second one is better but I'd like to see it the other way, with more sky. Maybe about 1/3 of the way down the frame.

The second photo is less of a seascape and more a photo of water washing over rocks. Nice image, but was that the intent?

The second one is better but I'd like to see it the other way, with more sky. Maybe about 1/3 of the way down the frame.

The second photo is less of a seascape and more a photo of water washing over rocks. Nice image, but was that the intent?
yeah thats the right question. The rock / water was the intent and subject, so I should have focused on that. Image 1 was full frame, so no more sky to be had :)

yeah thats the right question. The rock / water was the intent and subject, so I should have focused on that. Image 1 was full frame, so no more sky to be had :)
Then you got what you wanted!

Back