Name
David Lewis
Country
United States
City/State
Delaware
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
So over the holidays I received a gift card to Shutterfly and I was wondering if any of you have any reviews or experience with their "Wall Art" products. I have used Shutterfly in the past for creating a calendar and though it turned out ok the experience in creating is not as good as others. I have noticed that the customization tools are still fairly awful compared to other sites I have used. So I was basically wondering if I should put in an effort to get some kind of "Wall Art" or maybe just go through the pain of using it for my calendars? None of the places that I usually find reviews for such things have a review of Shutterfly products.

Wife and I use Shutterfly for Christmas cards and recently ornaments with a print of the kiddo on them. Last year we ordered a wooden ornament and this year a metal ornament, both came out well. For those small prints, the quality is acceptable, though the wood print seems a bit faded now, or maybe my chosen photo wasn't very high in contrast.

I've never tried a larger print. What style are you looking at?

Was considering a "Mounted Wall Art" which seems like it might be something like what others call "Photo Print Under Acrylic Glass" though it only says it is: High Quality Photo Board: Printed on lightweight yet rigid, black photo board with a white base layer. Depth of photo board is 1/4"
It is this general lack of information which has led to this post.

Indeed, and the reviews are all over the place too, so no help there. Looks like the "Mounted Wall Art" is literally just a paper print (satin finish) affixed to a board backing. The "Photo Print Under Acrylic Glass" is the "Acrylic Print" option.

I found a better description when you click on "upload your own design" this is the description for "mounted":
  • Excellent Image Quality: UV inks allow for longevity, durability, and fade resistance with a satin finish
  • High Quality Photo Board: Printed on lightweight yet rigid, black photo board with a white base layer. Depth of photo board is 1/4"
  • Custom Wood Framing: Variety of frame colors. Frame adds 5/8" on each side of the art and the overall depth of the frame is 1"
  • Satin Finish: Helps reduce glare
  • Ready to Hang: Unframed has a slotted hanging block on the back. Framed options include metal sawtooth hanger
  • Imported. Assembled and printed in USA
The description changes if you select a different material.

The "upload your own" (which is an odd process) is where I grabbed the description of and left out the fluff of the other stuff. The "Acrylic Print" they offer seems like a mix of "Photo Print Under Acrylic Glass" and "Acrylic Block" but for some reason it has those bolts in the corners, which I find off putting and why I was considering the "Mounted Wall Art".

Just in case others don't start this from the beginning. Does anyone have experience with Shutterfly's "Mounted Wall Art"?

Back