Followers
Following
Name
Chris
Country
United States
City/State
Pembroke Pines/FL

A range of new patents have emerged from Sigma, and some of them are quite impressive. The patents include:

• 14-30mm f/4
  • 28mm f/1.4
  • 28-70mm f/2
  • 33mm f/1.4
  • 20mm f/1.4 (APS-C)
  • 23mm f/1.4 (APS-C)
I am interested to see that 23mm f1.4 for the APSC, because it will probably eclipse existing options from Tokina and Viltrox!

Interesting. The number of quality lenses being offered by aftermarket manufacturers is truly astounding. Sigma has been respected for their upper line of lenses for a while, but Tamron and Samyang/Rokinon specifically have come a long way in the last few years.

Interesting. Tamron have patents for some interesting stuff too.

Interesting. The number of quality lenses being offered by aftermarket manufacturers is truly astounding. Sigma has been respected for their upper line of lenses for a while, but Tamron and Samyang/Rokinon specifically have come a long way in the last few years.
I only have one Sigma lens, and its worth the hype.
I have had 2 Tamron lenses, the first being a cheap prime for the full frame and the second being a dedicated zoom for the APSC. The former is cheap for a reason: noisy focusing motor and cheaply made but decent image quality. The latter was not cheap, but was worth the expense with fast (quiet) focusing and good image quality.

I don't have any Rokinon lenses yet, but they make an AF 12mm f2 for APSC which is on my wishlist...

Back