Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Mike
City/State
Illinois
I ran across these stretchy silicone bands at Amazon that fit the E-mount lens perfectly. I use them to seal the flange where lens attaches to cam body. They can be easily rolled on and off the neck of lens to fit in the small recess groove next to the orange ring at the body mount (face of cam).

They are relatively cheap IMO, and may function to help seal the flange where lens attaches to camera. However, the lenses fit so tight in the Sony body flange, I question if this ring seal will really help all that much for dust. You'll have to decide if it's worth it.

They come in a 3-pack each having 16 bands. Multi-colored bands are also available. When changing lenses, simply roll the round band back against lens shoulder. Each lens can have one remaining on the lens when not in use. I've used them and they fit snug. Also can be used to bundle or tie wires, cords, cables, etc.

Amazon silicone bands for lens

Attachments

• Sony Rubber Seal-1.jpg
    Sony Rubber Seal-1.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 52
  • Sony Rubber Seal-2.jpg
    Sony Rubber Seal-2.jpg
    429.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Ring-1.jpg
    Ring-1.jpg
    436.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Ring-2.jpg
    Ring-2.jpg
    540.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Can't believe I didn't see this earlier! Just finished an Amazon order... which, living in Chile, isn't something you may want to do whenever you feel like. Well... added to a list, I'll get'em next time. Can't wait to have the orange ones on my Alpha :D

..... Can't wait to have the orange ones on my Alpha :D

Warning: The orange silicone band color is NOT a perfect color match to Sony's anodized orange flange ring. :(

But they do roll on and off lens barrel/flange groove quite nicely. That part you'll like a lot.

Ivan, I wasn't trying to discourage you w mentioning the color. Rather you seemed excited about adding O-ring to your Alpha, and you mentioned the hassle ordering by being in Chile — I thought it prudent to warn you about color match. I didn't want to feel responsible for your possible disappointment if you were expecting a perfect color match.

Sony's anodized ring is a deeper metallic orange that is likely harder to match exactly. In first two pics, I rolled the O-ring off the groove for easier color comparison.

And I'm adding these attachments for other people as well:

Attachments

• Orange O-ring-1.jpg
    Orange O-ring-1.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 30
  • Orange O-ring-2B.jpg
    Orange O-ring-2B.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Orange O-ring-3.jpg
    Orange O-ring-3.jpg
    382.2 KB · Views: 35
Ivan, I wasn't trying to discourage you w mentioning the color. Rather you seemed excited about adding O-ring to your Alpha, and you mentioned the hassle ordering by being in Chile — I thought it prudent to warn you about color match.
Absolutely! Wouldn't have liked to have that surprise... I'm super OCD on that, so thanks for that.

I ran across these stretchy silicone bands at Amazon that fit the E-mount lens perfectly. I use them to seal the flange where lens attaches to cam body. They can be easily rolled on and off the neck of lens to fit in the small recess groove next to the orange ring at the body mount (face of cam).

They are relatively cheap IMO, and may function to help seal the flange where lens attaches to camera. However, the lenses fit so tight in the Sony body flange, I question if this ring seal will really help all that much for dust. You'll have to decide if it's worth it.

They come in a 3-pack each having 16 bands. Multi-colored bands are also available. When changing lenses, simply roll the round band back against lens shoulder. Each lens can have one remaining on the lens when not in use. I've used them and they fit snug. Also can be used to bundle or tie wires, cords, cables, etc.

Love the idea, I ordered the all black ones... more of a goth look for my Sony...

Mine are here and I was able to figure out how to attach them.

IMGP4369.JPG
  • PENTAX Q-S1
  • 02 STANDARD ZOOM
  • 14.9 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/4 sec
  • ISO 3200

I have just two lenses for this the camera. I have a bunch of M49 mounts, manual focus, but they are not going to better the 24 - 240 or the Zeiss/Sony 55.0 mm f/1.8 ZA. So if you want a couple of these bands PP me. I can't use them all and the dog has no use for them either.

And thanks to the OP for bringing these to our attention.

Last edited:
Could someone please post a up to date link to Amazon for these bands. Thank you

The link is right above what I am writing. You must "Click to expand."

I'm guessing they asked for an updated link because the current one is out of stock.

I gave up trying to read people's minds a long time ago. I answered the question that had been asked.

Back