Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Sony has released firmware version 1.01 for the A1.

Benefits and Improvements

• Fixes an issue where a Picture Profile may be applied even though the Picture Profile feature is set to Off
  • Improves the operational stability of the camera when using Imaging Edge Desktop (Remote) or Imaging Edge Mobile

Firmware Download

You can download the latest firmware from your local Sony support site. The below links will take you to the correct page to download the firmware. Make sure that you download the correct firmware for your computer (Windows or Mac).
Important note: Make sure that you read the install instructions, especially for Mac. You will need the latest Sony Camera Driver as well for a successful install on MacOS 10.14, 10.15, 11.

Updated two bodies. No issues. It does not reset settings. It says it will take 12 min and that's about right.

I only ever bricked a body once so I'm very careful. Put the camera on a solid surface, be sure the cable is secure and can't fall out, start it running .... and leave the room until it's done :)

Agree, updated mine 2 nights ago in prep for a sporting event. But emphasis is on a stable surface so the cable remains attached. I was freaking out, sort of, that I would have to reset all my values for indoor, low light sports. But nothing changed.

For the first time ever, I was able to update Sony firmware using a Mac. In one go. Whoopee!

I was having issues with A1 failing to trigger Godox flashes (via Godox radio trigger) with e-shutter (x-Sync 1/200) after operating it with m-shutter at x-sync of 1/400.

After having removed battery both from A1 and Godox flashes and Triggers failed to restore e-shutter x-sync I tried to do this update and it solved.

Not shure if it was a bug solved by the new firmware or if the problem cleared itself from the A1 restart that the upgrade forced/caused.

Back