Sony A7 IV Sony A7 IV Firmware Update v1.05 & v1.10

I updated 2 of my lens last night then went on to the camera
I downloaded 1.05 but it will not open when I click on it
Any ideas ?
How are you trying to update? The 1.05 is memory card only now so you need to copy it over to the root directory of your memory card then insert in slot 1, it won't work in slot 2. Then just run the update procedure through the setup menu. v1.11 is also out now, see this thread, but you'll still require v1.05 first if you are on v1.01 or earlier.

I updated 2 of my lens last night then went on to the camera
I downloaded 1.05 but it will not open when I click on it
Any ideas ?

How are you trying to update? The 1.05 is memory card only now so you need to copy it over to the root directory of your memory card then insert in slot 1, it won't work in slot 2. Then just run the update procedure through the setup menu. v1.11 is also out now, see this thread, but you'll still require v1.05 first if you are on v1.01 or earlier.
NOTE! I think all 1.05 does is make it possible to do updates via a card from here on in, so unless you plant to proceed to the latest and greatest, 1.05 won't change/improve anything in and of itself.

NOTE! I think all 1.05 does is make it possible to do updates via a card from here on in, so unless you plant to proceed to the latest and greatest, 1.05 won't change/improve anything in and of itself.
Yep, but you need 1.05 to get to 1.10 / 1.11 unfortunately and these do have more benefits:

Ver.1.10 adds the following benefits and improvements:
  • Allows you to select M and S sizes in addition to L when using the RAW recording lossless compression method
  • The shutter speed and ISO sensitivity settings dedicated for flash photography can be retained
  • Adds the Touch Shutter function
  • Improves the accuracy of the Eye AF feature
  • The camera’s serial number can be recorded in the metadata in the movie files
  • Improves operability of Wi-Fi connections
  • Adds a 1 minute setting to the Power Save by Monitor menu
  • Fixes an issue where the viewfinder display may not be brightened according to the ambient brightness
  • Improves the operational stability of the camera
Ver 1.11 adds the following benefits and improvements:
  • Improves the shutter reliability
  • Fixes an issue where the movie file rotated by the camera may not be rotated when displayed on a computer
Installing 1.11 includes all the benefits from 1.10, unfortunately you can't skip 1.05 which is a shame.

Yep, but you need 1.05 to get to 1.10 / 1.11 unfortunately and these do have more benefits:

Ver.1.10 adds the following benefits and improvements:
  • Allows you to select M and S sizes in addition to L when using the RAW recording lossless compression method
  • The shutter speed and ISO sensitivity settings dedicated for flash photography can be retained
  • Adds the Touch Shutter function
  • Improves the accuracy of the Eye AF feature
  • The camera’s serial number can be recorded in the metadata in the movie files
  • Improves operability of Wi-Fi connections
  • Adds a 1 minute setting to the Power Save by Monitor menu
  • Fixes an issue where the viewfinder display may not be brightened according to the ambient brightness
  • Improves the operational stability of the camera
Ver 1.11 adds the following benefits and improvements:
  • Improves the shutter reliability
  • Fixes an issue where the movie file rotated by the camera may not be rotated when displayed on a computer
Installing 1.11 includes all the benefits from 1.10, unfortunately you can't skip 1.05 which is a shame.
Correct. The point of my post is, don't expect 1.05 to change anything.

Correct. The point of my post is, don't expect 1.05 to change anything.
Thanks I now realize that the updates 1.05 and 1.1 wont open as I have to transfer them to the memory card which is why it wouldn't open
I've now loaded 1.05 and 1.1 successfully via the SD card

Back