Completed Sony a7R iv (reduced to $2000)

Nooker99

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Mark
Country
United States
City/State
San Francisco bay area
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Price and Currency
$2000 USA price reduced!
Item Condition
Used
Payment Method
PayPal
Item Location
United States
Trading Rules Agreed
  1. Yes
Excellent condition, no blemishes, scratches, dings, or dents
Never dropped & never in salt environment.
Original owner (receipt provided if desired)
Comes with all original box, contents, manuals & never used Sony a7Riv strap
Screen Protector used since day 1, but just now removed for photos below. Screen is as new as the day I bought this.
Shutter count = 10,078 (see last photo)
s/n 3380890
Includes SmallRig cage (model 2917) & three eyecups (see photo)
Also includes a brand new battery & charger (from my a7Rv kit I just purchased . . . which is why I'm selling this a7Riv)
I will pay all USPS Priority shipping & insurance & PayPal fees. ($185 total value)
I will send overseas if you pay all shipping, insurance, PayPal & customs charges

IMG_6235.JPG
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max back triple camera 4.25mm f/1.8
  • 4.3 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/30 sec
  • ISO 500
IMG_6236.JPG
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max
  • 4.3 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/30 sec
  • ISO 640
IMG_6240.JPG
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max
  • 4.3 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/30 sec
  • ISO 500
IMG_6238.JPG
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max
  • 4.3 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/30 sec
  • ISO 800
IMG_6237.JPG
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max
  • 4.3 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/30 sec
  • ISO 500
Sony a7Riv shutter count.jpg

$2000 USA (price reduced)

I'm curious to know, what are your thoughts on this? At this point I'm just wondering, what you all think is a good price for this camera? $3500 new, I'm a bit surprised that it's dropped in value so much that I'm not getting a single inquiry at $2k. eBay sales are right around here, maybe a bit lower, but then you have to add shipping etc. I could get $1400-$1500 if I sell it to KEH right now. KEH sell them for $2100-$2300.
click this link to see
KEH for sale Sony a7Riv
Is it because not many people want a used body? What do you think the reason for the a7Riv to go down in value so much? I would love to hear your thoughts, and maybe a lot of people out there would as well. I may just keep this as a second body if I'm only going to get $1400

The A7Riv is my 2nd body at this point. It is an awesome camera and I still use it for my "studio" stuff and landscape. I would recommend it to anyone that is primarily interested in those types of photography as I don't believe the updates in the A7Rv are really that much of an improvement for such photograph.
Maybe you are not getting many hits here because people either own this or the A7Rv or just don't have the budget for something else.

I'm curious to know, what are your thoughts on this? At this point I'm just wondering, what you all think is a good price for this camera? $3500 new, I'm a bit surprised that it's dropped in value so much that I'm not getting a single inquiry at $2k. eBay sales are right around here, maybe a bit lower, but then you have to add shipping etc. I could get $1400-$1500 if I sell it to KEH right now. KEH sell them for $2100-$2300.
click this link to see
KEH for sale Sony a7Riv
Is it because not many people want a used body? What do you think the reason for the a7Riv to go down in value so much? I would love to hear your thoughts, and maybe a lot of people out there would as well. I may just keep this as a second body if I'm only going to get $1400
This is a VERY slow forum with low participation by current standards. I wouldn't expect much from the FS section.

Also, consider you're new here. If I were planning to spend money on that camera, why would I spend $2,000 and risk getting something from an unknown, when I can spend about the same and get one with a 180 day warranty from a well-known dealer? I always check MPB and KEH and price accordingly. The lens I have for sale, for instance, it about 20-25% less than what the used dealers sell for. Consider pricing yours in a similar manner.

The A7R IV is dropping in price because it's an obsolete camera, and it is becoming more obsolete with ever new release. That doesn't mean it's bad, it just means there are newer models that hold people's interests. You can get an A7R III for $1200 these days. I think it was about $3200 when released.

BTW, check MPB. They typically give you more for used stuff than KEH.

Back