Sony a9 Auto ISO Issue

Daniel

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Daniel Stevenson
While shooting birds, in manual mode with auto ISO, the ISO stuck at 25,600 and all the images were white. Any thoughts?

While shooting birds, in manual mode with auto ISO, the ISO stuck at 25,600 and all the images were white. Any thoughts?
I recently shot a car show with a a runaway ISO setting. I managed to repair most of them in Lightroom to a somewhat usable condition. My non photographer friends didn't notice or didn't say anything. I was skewered my my friends that are into photography. It was a painful lesson for me but now I know to be careful and more observant of my settings.

Welcome to the Forum Daniel. Where are you from?

This is Daniel, I am from Poway, CA. Re my post about an ISO issue, I am shooting with a Sony a9 and a 100-400mm f4.5 lens.

I have the a9 and shoot in manual a lot and auto iso drives me crazy , its the same on my a99i why do sony tie your hands and assume people need iso auto pushing on them and worse than that limit the level of steps ie 3200 then 6400 must be they think we can not work it out

Is it possible that you have somehow accidentally set your auto iso to 25,600 minimum? When you hit the Fn button and go to ISO you'll see the minimum and maximum ISO values which you can change.

Back