Sony A9 Sony A9-Philly Fashion Week 2020 (20 frames per second)

simcox

Newcomer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Drew Simcox
Country
United States
City/State
Bryn Mawr
Recently captured the Philly Fashion Week 2020 with my students.

20 frames per second was outstanding for capturing this event.
The 70-200mm Zeiss lens is incredibly sharp! (even wide open at f4.0)
Harcum College Photography Program

#phillyFashionWeek
#PFW
#harcumphoto
_DSC0053-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry if this is a silly question, but how do you know you were achieving 20fps? Is there an indicator somewhere that reads out the fps?

Thank you
Will

Sorry if this is a silly question, but how do you know you were achieving 20fps? Is there an indicator somewhere that reads out the fps?

Thank you
Will
Hello Will, Sorry for the delay getting back to you. This is not a silly question at all. I have to be honest I'm going have to reach out to the EDU team at Sony for some answers. I cannot find anywhere on Sony's web site where we can measure the actual FPS. After much research this am I found out some interesting facts. The A9 will only work at 20fps with specific Sony lenses. I set all my settings for what I thought would be capturing 20pfs. I know I have a ton of photos as of a result of this particular fashion show. Using other manufacturer lenses might even drop down to 15fps.

Drew Simcox

Hello Will, Sorry for the delay getting back to you. This is not a silly question at all. I have to be honest I'm going have to reach out to the EDU team at Sony for some answers. I cannot find anywhere on Sony's web site where we can measure the actual FPS. After much research this am I found out some interesting facts. The A9 will only work at 20fps with specific Sony lenses. I set all my settings for what I thought would be capturing 20pfs. I know I have a ton of photos as of a result of this particular fashion show. Using other manufacturer lenses might even drop down to 15fps.

Drew Simcox
Thanks for taking the time to respond, Drew, and for the research, that was above and beyond! I actually asked the same question on the open thread forum shortly after replying here and there are a couple of responses, including a link to the different lenses that can achieve 20fps.

Back