Name
ST
Country
Canada
City/State
British Columbia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Has anybody else installed this latest firmware version 1.32? Please see @Timothy Mayo's article for details.

I installed it last night and was out shooting for three hours today. No issues or changes, although I thought the battery might be draining faster than usual. But I was using the PZ 16-35. I haven't had that out for a longer session in months, so I've got no recent point of comparison.

Quick update. I don't think there's an issue with battery life after firmware update 1.3.2.
I was out shooting today and noticed the battery was showing 91% remaining after shooting over 1000 exposures (trying to catch swallows in flight) with the FE 200–600 mm F5.6–6.3 G OSS.

Quick update. I don't think there's an issue with battery life after firmware update 1.3.2.
I was out shooting today and noticed the battery was showing 91% remaining after shooting over 1000 exposures (trying to catch swallows in flight) with the FE 200–600 mm F5.6–6.3 G OSS.

91% after 1000 frames? Where did you get that battery?

:-D

Hey, Tony.
91% after 1000 frames? Where did you get that battery?

:-D
I thought that was extraordinary. Most of those exposures were at 30 frames per second, trying to get some decent photos of swallows.
Today, I was out at the same site and blew through 1800 frames in the same vain attempt. The battery was still 73%.

It's a stock Sony battery. NP-FZ100 purchased at a bricks 'n mortar store nearby.

Hey, Tony.

I thought that was extraordinary. Most of those exposures were at 30 frames per second, trying to get some decent photos of swallows.
Today, I was out at the same site and blew through 1800 frames in the same vain attempt. The battery was still 73%.

It's a stock Sony battery. NP-FZ100 purchased at a bricks 'n mortar store nearby.
Just teasing - I got something like 4000 frames from a single charge on an A1 at 20fps - you know you are going too fast when the camera starts to get seriously warm! It was great fun, but sorting through the images afterwards was tedious!

Back