Sony FE 50mm F1.2 G Master Announced

Another day, another action AF test (aced by the A1/50GM combo).

Wide open f1.2 (shallow DOF), bright sunny day (ss 1/16.000), moving subject at faster than walking pace. Every single one of the ~40 frames (4s long at 10fps e-Shutter) had the eyes in focus.

Would not even try this test with my Sigma 85mm DG DN (more than half would be out of focus), 7M3 would have forced me into iso50 because cannot do more than 1/8.000, 7Mc would force to stop down or use ND filters)

Amazing camera, amazing glass. Money well spent.

View attachment 10595

Brilliant photo, although I see she doesn’t get her own A1… Still, it is a pretty pink camera, and probably a bit lighter than an A1 + 50 GM :sneaky:

Lemmon bokeh wide open

21-12-04 17h37m15s #0066 L.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • Sony FE 50mm F1.2 GM (SEL50F12GM)
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.2
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 160

I must remember to investigate how to dealing with flicker. There is one place I shoot I shoot occasionally that gives me dark lines, and I know the A1 has a setting to handle it, but I have forgotten where it is :)

So many things we can control…

I must remember to investigate how to dealing with flicker. There is one place I shoot I shoot occasionally that gives me dark lines, and I know the A1 has a setting to handle it, but I have forgotten where it is :)

So many things we can control…
On A1 & M4 (really glad to have both bodies with 90% samish menus): "Shooting" page , "Shutter/Silent", "Anti-flicker Set".

I have assigned it too to one of the 12 slots of the Fn menu. "Variable Shutter Speed" to the Fn slot next to that one, to fine tune if needed.

Back