Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Following hot on the heels of the Sigma 500mm F5.6 DG DN OS Sports & Sigma 15mm F1.4 DG DN Diagonal Fisheye Art lenses announced back in February, Sigma now brings us the Sigma 50mm F1.2 DG DN Art lens.

Weighing just 740g in E-mount form makes this lens 38g lighter than the Sony FE 50mm F1.2 GM lens.

It will retail for $1399 US and £1299 in the UK, so it’s also $600 cheaper than the Sony which retails for $1,999.00.

The Sigma 50mm F1.2 DG DN Art is available for Sony E-mount and L-mount and should start shipping April 28th 2024. Pre-orders are already open.

Further details can be found in the blog post and I'll upload some sample images here shortly.

The Nikkor version is over 1kg, and the Canon is 950g. So both the versions we get in E mount are substantially lighter. I wonder if the narrower mount allows them to use smaller elements?

• Admin
The Nikkor version is over 1kg, and the Canon is 950g. So both the versions we get in E mount are substantially lighter. I wonder if the narrower mount allows them to use smaller elements?
The E-mount version is even a few grams lighter then their L-mount.

Back