iain clyne

Well Known Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Iain Clyne
I have a Sony A Mount lens and I am wanting to use it on my A9 is the Sony LA-EA4 Mount Adapter what I need? Thanks.

I have a Sony A Mount lens and I am wanting to use it on my A9 is the Sony LA-EA4 Mount Adapter what I need? Thanks.
Iain the la-ea4 is not much use on the a9 it is very limiting, which lens is it? the la-ea5 should be far better on the a9 but you can check on the Sony site. I have both adaptors as does @Brownie

It’s a sigma 100-300 f4
It will be the 4 I believe Iain as there is no screw drive on the a9 with the la-ea5 I can only use ssm lens on that body with the 5 adaptor, I recall the Sigma 100-300 was a decent lens according to mates but I never owned it myself

Correct. I think the EA5 only drives screw lenses on the M4, the A1, and probably the RM5 now. Seems like maybe one other, was it the A7C? Can't recall. I wish Sony would issue firmware updates for the 9 and at least back to the R3. Pretty sure this could be a firmware issue only.

Last edited:
Correct. I think the EA5 only drives screw lenses on the M4, the A1, and probably the RM5 now. Seems like maybe one other, was it the A7C? Can't recall. I wish Sony would issue firmware updates for the 9 and at least back to the R3. Pretty sure this could be a firmware issue only.
The 7RM4a also.

The 7RM4a also.
Indeed. I just looked it up, and the original R4 will also drive screw mounts using the EA5. Good info. The A7c however, does not. I'll correct my initial post.

One taken as a test with the Sigma and the Sony LA-EA4 Mount Adapter. Focus was quickish and image taken at F4

Attachments

• A9208604.jpg
    A9208604.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 31

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back