iain clyne

Well Known Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Iain Clyne
I have a Sony A Mount lens and I am wanting to use it on my A9 is the Sony LA-EA4 Mount Adapter what I need? Thanks.

I have a Sony A Mount lens and I am wanting to use it on my A9 is the Sony LA-EA4 Mount Adapter what I need? Thanks.
Iain the la-ea4 is not much use on the a9 it is very limiting, which lens is it? the la-ea5 should be far better on the a9 but you can check on the Sony site. I have both adaptors as does @Brownie

It’s a sigma 100-300 f4
It will be the 4 I believe Iain as there is no screw drive on the a9 with the la-ea5 I can only use ssm lens on that body with the 5 adaptor, I recall the Sigma 100-300 was a decent lens according to mates but I never owned it myself

Correct. I think the EA5 only drives screw lenses on the M4, the A1, and probably the RM5 now. Seems like maybe one other, was it the A7C? Can't recall. I wish Sony would issue firmware updates for the 9 and at least back to the R3. Pretty sure this could be a firmware issue only.

Last edited:
Correct. I think the EA5 only drives screw lenses on the M4, the A1, and probably the RM5 now. Seems like maybe one other, was it the A7C? Can't recall. I wish Sony would issue firmware updates for the 9 and at least back to the R3. Pretty sure this could be a firmware issue only.
The 7RM4a also.

One taken as a test with the Sigma and the Sony LA-EA4 Mount Adapter. Focus was quickish and image taken at F4

Attachments

• A9208604.jpg
    A9208604.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 28

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back