geraldan

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Daniel Rikely
Hello. My name is Daniel. I'm a long time Minolta/Sony user, with some experience with Pentax and Micro Four Thirds as well. One thing I like with Sony is the amount of third party lens activity in the e mount world. I currently have some Tamron glass for my Sony A7R3 and am very impressed with the optical quality. Another advantage of Sony is the adapter space - I currently have the Sony LA EA 4 and the Monster Adapter LA KE 1 (Pentax to Sony e). So I'm able to use A mount lenses and Pentax glass on my Sony body. Question: does anyone know if the Sony LA EA 5 works with the Sony A7CR? I know it will physically attach to that body (I have one on order by the way) but it would nice to know that the adapter is "AF compatible" like it is with the Sony A7R 5. Thanks. Daniel

Hello. My name is Daniel. I'm a long time Minolta/Sony user, with some experience with Pentax and Micro Four Thirds as well. One thing I like with Sony is the amount of third party lens activity in the e mount world. I currently have some Tamron glass for my Sony A7R3 and am very impressed with the optical quality. Another advantage of Sony is the adapter space - I currently have the Sony LA EA 4 and the Monster Adapter LA KE 1 (Pentax to Sony e). So I'm able to use A mount lenses and Pentax glass on my Sony body. Question: does anyone know if the Sony LA EA 5 works with the Sony A7CR? I know it will physically attach to that body (I have one on order by the way) but it would nice to know that the adapter is "AF compatible" like it is with the Sony A7R 5. Thanks. Daniel
Welcome Daniel.

Any of the newer bodies (I think A7R IV and newer) will use the EA5. As with all A-Mount adapters, there are some features that won't work, much of which is lens-dependent.

This link is to Sony's interactive compatibility chart. Click on your camera, then choose the specific lens and click. You'll get a list of what to expect with each lens.

https://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/cscs/lens_body/index.php

Welcome Daniel.

Any of the newer bodies (I think A7R IV and newer) will use the EA5. As with all A-Mount adapters, there are some features that won't work, much of which is lens-dependent.

This link is to Sony's interactive compatibility chart. Click on your camera, then choose the specific lens and click. You'll get a list of what to expect with each lens.

https://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/cscs/lens_body/index.php
Thanks! That link shows the compatibility list very nicely. Much appreciated.

Welcome

Welcome onboard Daniel and thanks for joining up here. Just let me know if you have questions about the forum.

Back