Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
But which ones?

COME ON 25-50/2!

• 6 new lenses coming in 2024
  • In future they might release 7 lenses per year

That, and their financial forecast looks pretty strong.

Tam.JPG

I have a gripe about the APSC lenses projected:
13mm f1.8 (nice one actually)
18-55mm f3.5-5.6 (this is worse than the kit lens that came with the a6000)
18-500mm f3.5-6.5 (they already have an 18-300mm, I can't imagine who is asking for 18-500)

I have their 17-70mm f2.8 and its great. A bit heavy, but great range AND it has VC (vibration control). This lens needs a longer f2.8 or f4 to complement it, something like 70-150mm or 70-200mm. Perhaps Sigma will beat them to it, in which case, I'll trade in the Tamron for Sigma.

As a professional, for years it had to be Canon as that's what I shot. To put it simply, third party lenses were not that good. Then Sigma released their 35 f1.4 and it was good, like really good. Since then third party lenses have just got better and better. Fast forward to today and I think Sony GM glass from 14mm to 300mm are stunning, apart from the old 85 f1.4 GM ( I don't use longer glass). All the new lenses are out of this world for performance, size, weight and let's not forget looks. Here comes the but, but I would have no problems using a Tamron, sigma and even Samyang lens professionally if I was looking for something that was unique and not in Sony's line up, like the 35-150 or 20-40. I think Sony may well release more G lenses to compete with Sigma and Tamron. The 16-25 and 24-50 both G are two such lenses. It's great to have so much choice as a Sony shooter

Those long Macros are a very welcome addition, bring it on!

As a professional, for years it had to be Canon as that's what I shot. To put it simply, third party lenses were not that good. Then Sigma released their 35 f1.4 and it was good, like really good. Since then third party lenses have just got better and better. Fast forward to today and I think Sony GM glass from 14mm to 300mm are stunning, apart from the old 85 f1.4 GM ( I don't use longer glass). All the new lenses are out of this world for performance, size, weight and let's not forget looks. Here comes the but, but I would have no problems using a Tamron, sigma and even Samyang lens professionally if I was looking for something that was unique and not in Sony's line up, like the 35-150 or 20-40. I think Sony may well release more G lenses to compete with Sigma and Tamron. The 16-25 and 24-50 both G are two such lenses. It's great to have so much choice as a Sony shooter
I'm off to Chrome and Ice Custom car show today at the request of one of the promoters. Weapon of choice? A1 and Tamron 17-28/2.8. I love this lens and see no point in spending 2.5 x for a similar Sony. It'd be nice if it was just a tad longer to get closer to 35, but it's not a deal killer.

Tamron offers US buyers a 6-year warranty, 5 years in the UK. And with Sony owning 14+% of Tamron one would think there's some collaboration going on. Tamron's switch to linear motors on their new and updated lenses has been huge. My main lens at the track it a Tamron 50-400. Can't say enough about it.

I'm off to Chrome and Ice Custom car show today at the request of one of the promoters. Weapon of choice? A1 and Tamron 17-28/2.8. I love this lens and see no point in spending 2.5 x for a similar Sony. It'd be nice if it was just a tad longer to get closer to 35, but it's not a deal killer.

Tamron offers US buyers a 6-year warranty, 5 years in the UK. And with Sony owning 14+% of Tamron one would think there's some collaboration going on. Tamron's switch to linear motors on their new and updated lenses has been huge. My main lens at the track it a Tamron 50-400. Can't say enough about it.
Tamron have improved massively in recent years. People talk about the 35-150 like it's near perfect. Too heavy for me but if I was younger with a better back I would look at one :) I keep looking at the Tamron 20-40 f2.8 for when I want to travel light, so instead of 16-35 24-70 just take the 20-40 plus my 35 85 primes.

Back