Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
Was checking Tamron's warranty registration requirements when I learned that their North American warranty period is 6 years. Not bad, but it occurred to me just then that I never registered my 17-28, which was purchased with the A7 IV the day the camera was released in December of 2021. I sent an email and asked if I could still register that lens since it would still have about 4-1/2 years left. They answered almost immediately that as long as I have the receipt I can still register the lens. That's pretty good!

I also checked the UK and AU periods. Unfortunately, AU is 2 years, but there's no need to register. The UK period is a pretty robust 5 years.

Yes I remember registering my 150 600 G2 gave me 5 years, even though it was supposed to be an import. I couldn't register the 70 200 though, I got told off. Thankfully it came with 3 years from the seller :)

For the first time in my life I feel ripped off to be an Aussie. Maybe we have a reputation for lens abuse.

Register enough lenses and you'll get some VIP swag too. :)

I looked into it. I would qualify for the silver level with one more lens. Looking at the ‘benefits’ it’s mostly junk like pins and hats and things I’d never use.

For the first time in my life I feel ripped off to be an Aussie. Maybe we have a reputation for lens abuse.

We get 2 years on many things that are 1 year in other countries - maybe Tamron thought the government legislated 2 years was enough?

On the other hand, you guys don’t have to register, we do.

I looked into it. I would qualify for the silver level with one more lens. Looking at the ‘benefits’ it’s mostly junk like pins and hats and things I’d never use.
You do get a nice discount certificate. I understand the VIP tours are really nice. Haven't qualified yet. 1 lens away. :)

Tim hats, got a head you can keep it up there, pins I often stick them in my self to see if I am still breathing! what did you expect free lenses :(

I didn’t expect anything, I wasn’t even aware it existed until he posted it. I don’t wear hats at all. No pins, no nothing. What they should be giving is a Tamron padded storage bag, or a camera case, etc.

The whole point of this it to entice people to buy more lenses. There’s nothing in there that make ma want to run out and spend more.

I didn’t expect anything, I wasn’t even aware it existed until he posted it. I don’t wear hats at all. No pins, no nothing. What they should be giving is a Tamron padded storage bag, or a camera case, etc.
Makes sense at least 30 lenses later you get a padded bag

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back