Followers
Following
Name
Jeff
Country
United States
City/State
Elk Grove, CA
As an A73 shooter, I intend to do photos and videos with my camera. I do photos and videos using a DJI Mavic 2 drone as well. When I shoot video using my A73, two of the choices are 4K @ 25fps or 4K @ 30fps. When shooting video from the drone I shoot and render my video at 30fps. This is more closely mimics the refresh rate of our monitors. I know that if I shoot video with the A73 @ 30 fps, there is a 1.2 crop, not so if I shoot @ 25fps. Can someone explain to my feeble brain the practical difference, pro or con? I watch a lot of video on my monitor and I feel that those videos shot at 24-25fps look a little soft to me, not quite as sharp. What say you?

As an A73 shooter, I intend to do photos and videos with my camera. I do photos and videos using a DJI Mavic 2 drone as well. When I shoot video using my A73, two of the choices are 4K @ 25fps or 4K @ 30fps. When shooting video from the drone I shoot and render my video at 30fps. This is more closely mimics the refresh rate of our monitors. I know that if I shoot video with the A73 @ 30 fps, there is a 1.2 crop, not so if I shoot @ 25fps. Can someone explain to my feeble brain the practical difference, pro or con? I watch a lot of video on my monitor and I feel that those videos shot at 24-25fps look a little soft to me, not quite as sharp. What say you?
Hey Jeff, sorry I missed this one. Reply being a bit late, but just in case your still curious, I'll chime in now. Video 25fps is a PAL format used in areas like Europe, Australia, South America, Africa, Asia. We use mostly NTSC here at 24, 29.97, 30, 60fps. I personally use 60 predominantly, 30 on occasion. In your case, I'd use 30fps. The 24fps is often used for cinematic effect and can have a tendency to appear a little softer.

I'm not sure what the 1.2 crop factor is all about. Unless you have your editor set at a preset.

Attachments

• PAL-NTSC-SECAM.jpg
    PAL-NTSC-SECAM.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 14
Back