Unframed Dave

Well Known Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Dave
Took a guided walk around the colony today with some representatives of the Lowestoft Kittiwake Partnership. There are about 800 breeding pairs in and around Lowestoft town centre and harbour area. Some love them, some don't. I'll include a phone pic to show one of the reasons why they are not universally loved in the town.

The old guy was telling us about them on his building. He's a fan.
DSC06643.JPG
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/3200 sec
  • ISO 800
DSC06657.JPG
  • ILCE-1
  • 241.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 800
DSC06673.JPG
  • ILCE-1
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 200
DSC06745.JPG
  • ILCE-1
  • 448.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 320

Love #2!

What is happening with that bloke? Should have stopped taking photos of him, I think he needed help!

What is happening with that bloke? Should have stopped taking photos of him, I think he needed help!
He came to the window voluntarily to talk to us about the kittiwakes. He seemed fully in charge of his faculties to us. Just a bit of a character, having led most of his life in the most easterly sea port in the UK.

Perhaps you needed to be there?

Excellent. I must go down when the young fledge, they are stunning birds. I can definitely see why some residents hate them. I wasn't aware they were in residential parts like that, I only knew of them on the old telephone exchange. As for that fella, a typical British eccentric.

Excellent. I must go down when the young fledge, they are stunning birds. I can definitely see why some residents hate them. I wasn't aware they were in residential parts like that, I only knew of them on the old telephone exchange. As for that fella, a typical British eccentric.
Perhaps we can get together, we were planning to get down for the young. fish and chips maybe?

Perhaps we can get together, we were planning to get down for the young. fish and chips maybe?
Good idea, late July should see the fledged birds flying if our trip to Bempton a couple of years back is a good gauge.

Back