Used teleconverter

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

lodbrok

Well Known Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Hi Anybody who knows what causes these lines when I use my pre-owned 1,4 teleconverter? And can it be fixed? I use it with my 200-600mm G lense. Maybee the previous owner dropped it and it has a mailfunction since that?

Attachments

• DSC01448.JPG
    DSC01448.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 49
That is odd. Is it a Sony teleconverter, or another brand?

That looks like one of the elements is out of line, I'm surprised it's working. I would reckon fixing it would be expensive. I'd return it.

Time placed13 Feb 2022 at 11:46 PM
Order number15-08259-32343
TotalUS $497.00 (1 item)
Sold by ....................

New message from: m...........a (13,471YELLOW_SHOOTING_STAR Star )

Dear *********

Thank you for your message.
It is unfortunate, but this item is no longer eligible for return/refund.
We hope for your understanding.

Regards,
M..........a​

Attachments

• DSC01368.JPG
    DSC01368.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC01386.JPG
    DSC01386.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC01159.JPG
    DSC01159.JPG
    294.5 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC01150.JPG
    DSC01150.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
That really stinks; very bad customer service. The price you paid also seems very high for a used teleconverter - I mean it is almost as much as a new one.

Time placed13 Feb 2022 at 11:46 PM
Order number15-08259-32343
TotalUS $497.00 (1 item)
Sold bymapcamera

New message from: mapcamera (13,471YELLOW_SHOOTING_STAR Star )

Dear *********

Thank you for your message.
It is unfortunate, but this item is no longer eligible for return/refund.
We hope for your understanding.

Regards,
Map Camera​

Contact Ebay, they will rule in your favour, especially if the item has a warranty of some kind.

That really stinks; very bad customer service. The price you paid also seems very high for a used teleconverter - I mean it is almost as much as a new one.
Yeah! In my country Norway the TC cost around 750 euro. Almost the same in dollar for us since the norwegian currency is weak against dollar.

Contact Ebay, they will rule in your favour, especially if the item has a warranty of some kind.
Yeah I will do that.
I will do that. Funny how the seller ended his reply:

We hope for your understanding.​

Yeah I will do that.

I will do that. Funny how the seller ended his reply:

We hope for your understanding.​

Yeah, they have sold a faulty product, Ebay are great with this stuff.

Update

Was at my local camera-shop for a swop to A9ii from A7iii. Had a chat about that 'faulty' teleconverter making those weird lines on the sky etc. And then he show me a shot from someone else with the same issue. And then he said turn on lense-distotion in the meny's and it will take care of the problem. Sony has this by default set to - of - when you buy a new camera.. the other two in that department is set to auto.

After I set up the A9ii watching Mark Smith's preferences and ofcource the lense-distortion to on!!! The skyshots was perfect! No more weird lines.:)

And I highly recomend to put a custom recal nr1 to the senterbutton in the control-wheel with a setup for perched/birds sitting still. I set up mine with 1/500 sec. auto iso - spot-metering - flexible spot small - aperature as default. And then when I shoot in 1/3200 sec. on B.I.F. and all of a sudden see a sitting bird I instantly push in the senter-button and then I have a slow shutter in a blink of an eye!

I also asign custom recall nr2 to the lense with 1/2000 sec. and exposure compensation set to - 1,7 multi-metering etc.
And nr3 with the same only changed the exposure-compensation to +1,7.

This is much because I was shooting black-headed gulls one day diving with exposure comp. set to -1,7 or -2,0 and all of a sudden an eagle passes me... I then raised my camera with a lazer sight and back-buttom focused and all of the shots was only dark shadows out of focus...
Its always a struggle with dark birds and white birds and constantly changing the exposer-compensation when your out in the field.

So now I have expend flexible spot on my focusbutton and zone with tracking on my AEL button and the sitting bird program on the senter-button with flexible spot S.

Attachments

• DSC09946.JPG
    DSC09946.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC09936.JPG
    DSC09936.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC09928.JPG
    DSC09928.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo