WARNNG! IMPORTANT: Don’t update the Sony FX3 and FX30 firmware!!! Big BUG!

Brownie

Legendary Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
If anyone has one, beware.

This is becoming a theme with Sony. Never saw so many issues with new firmware releases, in fact I've never seen any issues with other manufacturers. Pretty concerning from an end-user POV.
It is become a bit of a theme sadly. I don't keep a close eye on all of the other companies but I know Canon has also released firmware for the R5 that had bugs and was promptly withdrawn.

According to the comments, there's a lot of people not having any issues at all, and apparently, it's just the one case that's having trouble. Not saying it's like that, other people may have an issue as well... updates are always a thing to be careful with. Waiting a little bit after reading experience from other, less risk-averse users, is a wise choice.

According to the comments, there's a lot of people not having any issues at all, and apparently, it's just the one case that's having trouble. Not saying it's like that, other people may have an issue as well... updates are always a thing to be careful with. Waiting a little bit after reading experience from other, less risk-averse users, is a wise choice.
There was one person reporting he updated his and it's fine, not 'a lot of other people'. He is the same one who contends only one person had problems.

I haven't updated the firmware on any of mine yet, and unless I experience an issue, I probably won't.

There was one person reporting he updated his and it's fine, not 'a lot of other people'. He is the same one who contends only one person had problems.

I haven't updated the firmware on any of mine yet, and unless I experience an issue, I probably won't.
Keep reading the comments.

FWIW, I have not had a problem with my A7 III or my A7 IV, knock on wood!

Back