What lenses would you really like to see Sony make on E Fit?

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Uncle Kevriano

Legendary Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Uncle Kev 😆
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
As it says... Do you have any lenses that wished Sony would make?

For me, I am a little surprised there's not a 300 2.8, though I can see that there would be crossover with the 400, but I am also surprised that they haven't made a 300 f4, either a mid price version, or perhaps follow Nikon and make something like the supremely sharp 300pf lightweight. I'm actually amazed no other manufacturer has copied that. Fixed 300's are desirable lenses for Butterfly and Dragonfly shooting, among many other things, hence my wish for one.
I'd also like to see a 180 or 200mm Macro, so I didn't have to grovel on the floor so much :)

Over to you :)

Agree with the 300 F4 - used to have a Canon one which was superb - would be great if Sony (or a third party) made one with a TC!

I'd love a 180mm or 200mm macro E-mount.....bring it on, Sony!!

500 f4 first ,would love sony to make some do/pf optics like nikon and canon 400mm f4 500mm 5.6 would be more affordable than fluorite optics in the 400 & 600mm sony gm .I would like to see more options for macro ,but the 90mm doubles really well as a portrait lens so i would still probably get this over a longer f/l ,although sigma have a new macro lens announced this month art series i hope 105mm f2.8 ,probably will be at least as good as the sony but 1/3 less in price .

Last edited:
500 f4 first ,would love sony to make some do/pf optics like nikon and canon 400mm f4 500mm 5.6 would be more affordable than fluorite optics in the 400 & 600mm sony gm .I would like to see more options for macro ,but the 90mm doubles really well as a portrait lens so i would still probably get this over a longer f/l ,although sigma have a new macro lens announced this month art series i hope 105mm f2.8 ,probably will be at least as good as the sony but 1/3 less in price .

I don't think a 500 f4 will ever be made now, the 400 and 600 have it covered too well really, Now if they made a 500 5.6 ;like the PF Nikon, that would be a different story.

I don't think a 500 f4 will ever be made now, the 400 and 600 have it covered too well really, Now if they made a 500 5.6 ;like the PF Nikon, that would be a different story.
Pretty sure it will along with a 300mm f2.8 ,do and fresnel optics are probably not going to happen on e mount although never say never, a 200-400mm is probably in the pipe line also but will be the last of the exotic lenses to come ,i was hoping tamron would beat them to that, but now for the moment tamron have closed 2 of there manufacturing sites so could be a while as long as they keep developing e -mount lenses i am happy sony also own a share of tamron so this will help.

Wider 2.8 primes similar to Tamron, but with better built quality performance. Rumours going around about the new 'V series'... hopefully soon so.

60-600 f2.8 to f4.5 with OSS and priced around 1200 dollars, please! 😆

60-600 f2.8 to f4.5 with OSS and priced around 1200 dollars, please! 😆

Lol. I'll bet Sigma have tried. It would look like a Bazooka :)

I would really love to see Sony produce a 12-600mm F1.4 :) but even of they could, I probably couldnt afford the $100,000 for it anyway.
I haven`t really delved into prime lenses yet, I use 16-35, 24-70, and 70-200 grand master lenses and have a 14mm F1.8 Sigma art for night photography.
Considering a macro lens but haven`t yet considered the option or lack thereof.

What about the Sigma trios?? :D
The 16mm F1.4, 30mm F1.4 or 56mm F1.4.

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back