Your Photo of the Week

Thanks Iain. Sadly I don't think we'll be seeing her again. She turned up with a damaged wing last week but our local rescue centre thought that 20 miles was too far to come out! I tried to catch her a few times myself but she was still too flighty unfortunately.
That’s a shame.

Week 37. On the occasional warmer days now, we are still seeing some Common Lizards warming up before they hibernate for the winter. Awesome little dinosaurs.
DSC01290 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/14
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 1250

Week 37. On the occasional warmer days now, we are still seeing some Common Lizards warming up before they hibernate for the winter. Awesome little dinosaurs.
Lovely shot Kev. Reminds me of a little sand lizard that I found running around my flat in Germany, it wasn't really something I wanted to be sharing my bed with!

Lovely shot Kev. Reminds me of a little sand lizard that I found running around my flat in Germany, it wasn't really something I wanted to be sharing my bed with!
Haha, they are skittish! Cheers

Week 38. A trip out to Winterton this afternoon gave me this fabulous Juvenile Common Redstart. Fantastic light this afternoon.
DSC01913 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 250

A rather soggy nuthatch in the garden this morning.

Nuthatch-DSC00805-3000px.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 800

Hi There!.jpeg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS + 1.4X Teleconverter
  • 560.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 2000

Week 39. As it's rutting time the Fallow Deer bucks are in fine fettle. This one is mid trot back to his harem. Taken at Holkham Park, Norfolk. I'm missing photographing the big Reds, though some have been seen locally (true wild ones, not in a deer park).
DSC02171 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 3200

I spotted this peregrine on a local quarry this morning. It looks like they ate recently with some blood stains on their otherwise pristine white chest feathers. I'm guessing a male due to the lighter chest feathers but could be wrong. Hopefully this one isn't persecuted against which sadly so many are around here.

Peregrine-DSC00955-3000px.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 500

I had an opportunity to see the F-22 Raptor in person. This is an amazing aircraft. I watched it do things that are not possible with other aircraft. This Mach 2 Class Aircraft can "Supercruise" at 1.5 Mach without using it's Afterburners.

F-22 (1 of 1).jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/16
  • 1/2000 sec
  • ISO 2000

I had an opportunity to see the F-22 Raptor in person. This is an amazing aircraft. I watched it do things that are not possible with other aircraft. This Mach 2 Class Aircraft can "Supercruise" at 1.5 Mach without using it's Afterburners.

View attachment 25990
Nice one Jeff. These are what fly over my house regularly

I spotted this peregrine on a local quarry this morning. It looks like they ate recently with some blood stains on their otherwise pristine white chest feathers. I'm guessing a male due to the lighter chest feathers but could be wrong. Hopefully this one isn't persecuted against which sadly so many are around here.

View attachment 25988
Very nice Tim. One to keep watching.

loggerhead turtle surfacing in Argostólion Kefalonia, sadly endangered now
kefalonia loggerhead turle  2022 rhodes.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS (SEL100400GM)
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 800

Nice one Jeff. These are what fly over my house regularly
They really put on a good performance that day. On the first take-off, the pilot's rotation point, which happened to be right in front of my position, the Raptor went straight into a vertical climb.

They really put on a good performance that day. On the first take-off, the pilot's rotation point, which happened to be right in front of my position, the Raptor went straight into a vertical climb.
They are impressive things that would be utterly useless without the computational power we have now.

We have another sparrowhawk visiting the garden now after our last one was sadly injured somehow and unlikely to have survived. We've spotted an adult male too but so far I haven't got a good picture of him.

Sparrowhawk-DSC00999-3000px.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 1600

We have another sparrowhawk visiting the garden now after our last one was sadly injured somehow and unlikely to have survived. We've spotted an adult male too but so far I haven't got a good picture of him.

View attachment 26476
Very nice Tim

another first for me I saw this dog and here we are a9 and 200-600
Nice shot Gary. I wish I'd bought some shares in those orange chuckit balls, they are very popular with dog owners! I've probably been through 50 of them and only because I've lost them. If you don't lose them they last for ages and go for miles in a good thrower.

Week 42
Morning tide
penitente-1.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 35mm F1.4 GM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1.6 sec
  • ISO 100

I think this a 1st for me but I could be wrong.
This shot of a Superb Fairy-wren for me has got what I have been after in a shot of one of them.
I think it is my best ever shot of one of these little things.
Inland Gardens 20-10-20 (707).JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary 020
  • 310.5 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 800

I think this a 1st for me but I could be wrong.
This shot of a Superb Fairy-wren for me has got what I have been after in a shot of one of them.
I think it is my best ever shot of one of these little things.

Fantastic stuff Ralph. That looks awesome, good pose too! 😀

Fantastic stuff Ralph. That looks awesome, good pose too! 😀
I was actually watching a different bird when on the ground about a meter and a half away I seen movement.
And this was one of the shots I got as I am not even sure if it seen me standing there or not.

I was actually watching a different bird when on the ground about a meter and a half away I seen movement.
And this was one of the shots I got as I am not even sure if it seen me standing there or not.

Waa going to say, at 300mm you must have been close!

Back