Your Photo of the Week

Welcome to the New Sony Alpha Shooters Community
Our community was only launched in August 2020 but is already thriving thanks to many amazing and helpful members. We'd love to welcome you on board too!
Join Now

Kevriano

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
Kev Harper
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret
Cheers Kev. I was going to have the barbed wire removed when we replace the fence, mainly to stop our son injuring himself on it! However it looks like we might get cows as well as sheep wandering down the side of our garden now so the barbed wire will probably need to stay to help keep them out of the garden. So I might as well make use of it for photos :)

Barbed wire or electric fence :D

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
Week 45. A little female house sparrow checking out my new perch.

DSC04891-DeNoiseAI-Female-House-Sparrow-2048px.jpg

Reactions: Kevriano

Kevriano

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
Kev Harper
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret
Week 18. I made a return trip to Hickling for the Black Winged Stilts today, as shooting conditions were far more favourable (bright but not sunny). Thankfully the birds behaved and showed well.
DSC08053 copy.jpg

JDinTulsa

Followers
Following
Nov 16, 2021
Name
Jeff Westmoreland
Country
United States
City/State
Tulsa, OK
Haven't been online much lately due to handling my fathers affairs. We had to put him in assisted living after a 12 hour surgery to remove a skin cancer on the side of his head that got out of control. (long story!) Anyway, while waiting during his radiation treatment today, I took this.

Radiation Fountain 1.jpg

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
Haven't been online much lately due to handling my fathers affairs. We had to put him in assisted living after a 12 hour surgery to remove a skin cancer on the side of his head that got out of control. (long story!) Anyway, while waiting during his radiation treatment today, I took this.
Sorry to hear about your father Jeff. I hope he makes a good recovery after the treatment. I think I need a slightly smaller version of this fountain in our garden for the birds!

i12flytoday

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Apr 2, 2022
Name
Wade Garrett
It isn't what I wanted it to be, but it is the best one for me this week. It rained all morning on this day and the sun wasn't in the ideal spot. But, i got out there and found my spot, now I just need to go back when the light is right.

_A7R0368.jpg

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
Week 20. Golden-Bloomed Grey Longhorn Beetle. A rare species in this part of the UK, and a real beauty. Taken on the 200 600 but pretty near to 1:1 Macro with cropping.
Nice shot Kev. It could easily be mistaken for a macro lens! :)

Reactions: Kevriano

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.