Your Photo of the Week

Welcome to the New Sony Alpha Shooters Community
Our community was only launched in August 2020 but is already thriving thanks to many amazing and helpful members. We'd love to welcome you on board too!
Join Now

Kevriano

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
Kev Harper
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret
Week 23. Jack Pike (Esox Lucius) basking in the sun on the canal today. DSC04480 copy.jpg

Reactions: Timothy Mayo

Kevriano

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
Kev Harper
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret
Week 24. This Male Eider should not actually be where he is, but has got stuck at our local beach because he is in eclipse plumage and can't fly. He's been around for 3 weeks or so. It's taken a while to find him, but the other day he waddled up the beach to say hello. He should be in Yorkshire at least. DSC05105 copy.jpg

Kevriano

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
Kev Harper
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret
Week 25. Great Yarmouth hold a Wheels festival every year, and there were a lot of great cars around today, new and old, but this steals the show for me. Classic and beautiful Ford Thunderbird.
DSC05956 copy.jpg

Jeff A

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Oct 31, 2020
Name
Jeff
Country
United States
City/State
Elk Grove, California
Week 25. Great Yarmouth hold a Wheels festival every year, and there were a lot of great cars around today, new and old, but this steals the show for me. Classic and beautiful Ford Thunderbird.
View attachment 22342
Is that a 1956 T-Bird Kev? I was thinking they didn't have "Portholes" in the removable Hardtop until '57 but the taillight housings don't appear to be a '57. Do you have a shot from the rear or any information about this vehicle?

Kevriano

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
Kev Harper
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret
Is that a 1956 T-Bird Kev? I was thinking they didn't have "Portholes" in the removable Hardtop until '57 but the taillight housings don't appear to be a '57. Do you have a shot from the rear or any information about this vehicle?
No info, there was no one around, but I have some more shots. I'll put them up shortly.

Kevriano

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
Kev Harper
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret

The only shot I have that partly shows the rear light (not a shot I kept to process)

DSC05932 copy.jpg

Jeff A

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Oct 31, 2020
Name
Jeff
Country
United States
City/State
Elk Grove, California
The only shot I have that partly shows the rear light (not a shot I kept to process)

View attachment 22385
Well Kev, it is a '56. I would have lost money on that one. Here is more than you ever wanted to know about T-Birds (Thunderbirds). Now if this is not enough for you, take a look at Introducing the 1956 Ford Thunderbird. I know a lot of people that admired the early Thunderbirds, and that includes me and even my Wife who is not a car Buff. The closest I ever came to owning one was this '57 Ford that I bought shortly after getting out of the Army in December, 1963. Unfortunately, it was a Piece O'Crap!

Kevriano

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
Kev Harper
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret
Well Kev, it is a '56. I would have lost money on that one. Here is more than you ever wanted to know about T-Birds (Thunderbirds). Now if this is not enough for you, take a look at Introducing the 1956 Ford Thunderbird. I know a lot of people that admired the early Thunderbirds, and that includes me and even my Wife who is not a car Buff. The closest I ever came to owning one was this '57 Ford that I bought shortly after getting out of the Army in December, 1963. Unfortunately, it was a Piece O'Crap!
Cheers. More photos in my new post. They are stunning cars and you never ever see one modified.

Clix Pix

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Country
United States
City/State
Northern Virginia Suburbs of Washington, DC
This week.....represented by what else? Fireworks!

Fanning Out.jpeg

Kevriano

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
Kev Harper
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret
Nice Tim. Looks like a caddis fly or moth/butterfly pupae

Alan Clark

Followers
Following
Jul 1, 2021
Name
Alan Clark
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Liverpool
I noticed that this robin kept returning to the same perch just outside my patio doors, so I kept my camera at the ready and was soon rewarded. I used maximum aperture to throw the flowers right out of focus.

22S03324.jpg

Sorefined

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
May 20, 2022
Name
Ray Richardson
Nice image , sharp feather detail and an unusual but very complementary background Bokeh.....

Without intending to be critical of your composition, do you think converting the image to portrait with the Robin off to one side and aligned with the rule of thirds for body vertical and eye horizontal eyes likewise might add further value to the very impressive main element quality.......?

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.