Followers
Following
Name
Matt Gordon
Country
United States
City/State
Murrieta, CA
New member here from Murrieta California. Fresh A6400 in hand, I'm here to help get the most from this, my newest camera and lenses based on the knowledge pool here.
I hope to be able to give something of value back as well. We'll see about that.

I also shoot with an Olympus EPL-8, an older Lumix ZS60 which has travelled far and wide with me (not so much this one anymore) and a Sony RX100VA, which ultimately brought me to the decision to select the A 6400 over others.

I have returned the 50-210 in exchange for the 70-350OSS , which is, stuck in the Suez Canal on a container ship at the moment?? Is the delay pandemic related? Or is the worldwide micro-chip shortage raining on my lens parade? We may never know.

Wildlife and bird photography is my main reason selection of this camera. (my RX-100VA was a long courtship/honeymoon but now its one of my all time favorites despite the zoom range) so the current lens shortage is a bit unwelcome but I am cutting my teeth on my 6400 with the kit lens at the moment.

Thats my story, and I'm sticking to it.

-Gogogordy

Welcome Matt! I also shoot with the a6400 and its a jack of all trades I tell ya. I use mine to film cooking videos nowadays, but I originally bought it for landscape photography and travel vlogging (before Covid killed that dream). There are sooo many lenses to choose from since we can use the full frame lenses too. Enjoy!

Welcome Matt! I also shoot with the a6400 and its a jack of all trades I tell ya. I use mine to film cooking videos nowadays, but I originally bought it for landscape photography and travel vlogging (before Covid killed that dream). There are sooo many lenses to choose from since we can use the full frame lenses too. Enjoy!
Thanks and you had me at “cooking videos”....so you has a new sub. I cook. I eat. I shoot!

I too have a YT channel, not food though mostly travel, “oddballs” and hummingbirds
(channel find under: gogogordy1). The S&Q function on the A6400 will help with some smooth, hi-res slo-mo, the HFR feature on my RX100Va is kinda clunky.

I subscribed back!
I like to use my gopro 8 for activities in car or on my kayak, the wider field of view and hypersmooth 2.0 are just that good! But if you want the same/better smoothness from the a6400, there's a few gimbals out there to suit almost any budget or payload.

Back