Sdawes

Well Known Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Must have had a nest nearby earlier this year as he was could always be found calling from this barbed wire fence at one of the local reserves.
DSC00470-Edit-1.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS + 1.4X Teleconverter
  • 560.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 8000

Lovely. Cracking birds, great posers.

Great photo and love the way the bird is colour co-ordinated with the background!
Jonathan

Great shot Steve. Love the barbed perch and clean background!

Thanks Tim , taken at Venus Pool NR just outside Shrewsbury at Cross Houses
Funnily enough I was looking at Venus Pool the other day. Just need to grab a membership!

Funnily enough I was looking at Venus Pool the other day. Just need to grab a membership!
Its a nice reserve managed by Shropshire Ornithological Society . Well worth joining and two of the five hides at VP are members only. I also manage the programme of indoor speakers for the Society which showcase some great photographers and their images/ stories to support their presentations . Held on the first Wednesday of each month Jan-Apr and Oct-Dec .

Its a nice reserve managed by Shropshire Ornithological Society . Well worth joining and two of the five hides at VP are members only. I also manage the programme of indoor speakers for the Society which showcase some great photographers and their images/ stories to support their presentations . Held on the first Wednesday of each month Jan-Apr and Oct-Dec .
Thanks for the information Steve. I'll definitely join up as it's only around 45mins from where I am now. So far I've only really explored the Teme in Ludlow. We did make a trip up to Attingham Park on the weekend as well, I think we'll definitely be going back as my son loved the playground there and I enjoyed the deer and everything else!

Thanks for the information Steve. I'll definitely join up as it's only around 45mins from where I am now. So far I've only really explored the Teme in Ludlow. We did make a trip up to Attingham Park on the weekend as well, I think we'll definitely be going back as my son loved the playground there and I enjoyed the deer and everything else!
Venus Pool is only a five minute drive from Attingham Park

Back