• ISO 640
20231111-A1B00140-Edit.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 600mm F4 GM OSS
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 100

A nice purchase. Look forward to seeing more images.

Can't wait for a proper opportunity to use it, really looking forward to having that f4 for wildlife photos in conditions where light is limited.

I'd love that for little robins in the rainforest. But I'm pretty sure that I am unable to fall in love with spending that much money on a lens though! That's a mad purchase, I salute you! 😀

I'd love that for little robins in the rainforest. But I'm pretty sure that I am unable to fall in love with spending that much money on a lens though! That's a mad purchase, I salute you! 😀
Mad, perhaps, but also logically considered. Over the last 30 years I have spent a vast amount of effort, time and money on triathlon training and racing, but lately the injuries I accumulated over the years, have started catching up with me and my enjoyment has changed into struggle. At the same time, my passion for and enjoyment of wildlife photography have grown in leaps and bounds over the last 3-4 years. By my calculations, the price of the lens is equivalent to what I would probably have spent on triathlon equipment, nutrition supplements, coaching fees and race entry fees in the next 5 years. So yes, budget blown for the next 5 years, but I am sure the lens will be worth it in the long run 😊.

Mad, perhaps, but also logically considered. Over the last 30 years I have spent a vast amount of effort, time and money on triathlon training and racing, but lately the injuries I accumulated over the years, have started catching up with me and my enjoyment has changed into struggle. At the same time, my passion for and enjoyment of wildlife photography have grown in leaps and bounds over the last 3-4 years. By my calculations, the price of the lens is equivalent to what I would probably have spent on triathlon equipment, nutrition supplements, coaching fees and race entry fees in the next 5 years. So yes, budget blown for the next 5 years, but I am sure the lens will be worth it in the long run 😊.

At the end of the day it's just money, and it's going to a good cause. Awesome way of looking at it, so I guess when I hang my riding boots up I'll be ordering a 600mm f4 GMII or III... 😃

I'm also considering purchasing one. I've got to the stage where I consider investing in stuff I enjoy is far more important than investing in equities.

Also, looking at secondhand prices, unless Sony bring out a new version (unlikely, I'd think) and you look after it, the depreciation is absolutely minimal.

I look at it as a long term hire.

New in Marketplace

Back