Followers
Following
Name
Lisa
Country
United States
City/State
St. Louis, Missouri
I just received this lens in used condition and noticed that when I turn it upside down, the rear element slides up and down. Is this normal for this lens? I'm kind of freaking out over here.

I took a few quick shots with it and it seems to work.

Sorry! Seems normal though now. :)

Just checked mine, again mine does too
Thank you for checking it out as well! I'm guessing it's normal since 3 out of 3 do it. I would prefer it not too, LOL.

It's a feature of linear motors...fitted to the GM lenses

The same feature that improves GM focus speed over non linear motors from days of olde.....

I remember freaking out when I saw the new sensor design that "hangs" when the camera is off, looking askew. I thought this can't be right!

I remember freaking out when I saw the new sensor design that "hangs" when the camera is off, looking askew. I thought this can't be right!
The tech is changing so fast, I can't keep up!

Ever clean your own sensor? Kind of creepy the first time!

Remember how we had to engage a special mode on a DSLR to have the shutter open with the lens off to be able to blow dust off the sensor? (even before we thought of cleaning it!)

I remember first time I took the body cap off a mirrorless camera and thought: "Eeeek! Naked sensor!"

Ever clean your own sensor? Kind of creepy the first time!
I owned a Canon 1DX mark I. It had TERRIBLE oil splattering. And yes, it was creepy to clean but I had to do it so often I got used to it. Thank goodness for mirrorless.

First time was a bit scary. Done it once or twice since, and it simply isn't memorable. But I wouldn't want to do it every day.

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back