Followers
Following
Name
Jeff
Country
United States
City/State
Elk Grove, CA
It has come to my attention that I need to pay more attention to what information is displayed in the EVF. I'm guilty, but let's not go there now. My question is, when I first raise the camera to my eye, in the lower right hand side of the display I see a symbol that looks like the Control Wheel and to the right of that I see a symbol that is a small circle with a slash through it. The slash runs from the upper left to lower right. Can anyone set me straight?

Hi I think you have the a7 3? so as far as evf display the thing that looks like control wheel is exactly that, as for the other icon I am not sure, but what you see depends on your settings in the menu and the control wheel top push is the display so by pushing it how ever many times changes the evf info

Hi I think you have the a7 3? so as far as evf display the thing that looks like control wheel is exactly that, as for the other icon I am not sure, but what you see depends on your settings in the menu and the control wheel top push is the display so by pushing it how ever many times changes the evf info
Yes, I do have an A7 III. I''m sure the first icon is the Control Wheel but I don't know why it appears and then disappears. The second icon is like a "Stop" or "No" icon, just a circle with a slash through it and it appears and disappears at the same time as the Control Wheel icon. I wonder at this point if others see the same thing. One thing I didn't mention, it appears in both the Finder and the LCD Panel. When you bring the camera down, away from your face and the LCD comes on, both symbols are there for a moment and then they disappear at the same time.

I have just gone right through my book by David Busch and As we have got the same camera it was the right one to look through.
But I can't find an icon in there that looks anything like what you have said so I am not able to help. But maybe to a goggle searh which I bet you have done already and see if anything will come up there to put you at easy to what is going on. Sorry about not being able to help any better.

Back