Sony A7 III A7III HDMI Output No Longer Works

TonyBrsd

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Tony Broussard
Hello all, I have an issue with my 87III where the HDMI input no longer puts out a signal to my aperture monitor. It did work in the past as I was on a shoot for a couple of days and the first day the output worked fine and then the second day it didn’t work anymore.

I can tell there is a connection, because when I power up the monitor when connected to the camera, the cameras LCD screen goes black, like it is transferring the image to the monitor, but after a few seconds, the monitor says no signal, and the image returns to the camera LCD. I have an A6400 and tested the monitor out on that and it works fine. I have 2 A7III’s and have had the same problem on both. I’ve read one thread somewhere else where they mention toggling the timecode on and off and I tried that to no avail. I don’t think the port would be messed up as I am normally pretty careful and use a small rig cage with the cable clamp when plugged in. Also, I wouldn’t think the actual port would be broken being that I am getting the blank screen on the camera like it is transferring the output.

I’d love to get an answer on this before having to send this to repair.

Back