Sony A7C AEL w/ shutter suddenly not working

jKonovsky

Newcomer
Followers
Following
In the last few weeks, depressing the shutter halfway has not locked the exposure more than half the time. When I depress the shutter fully, the camera refocuses and takes the picture. This takes a second or so. Occasionally it will work.

I do have AEL w/shutter turned on. It has been on since I bought the camera a couple years ago.

If I press the AF-on button, the camera will fix the exposure, and I can reframe and take the picture.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions or thoughts? Thanks.

In the last few weeks, depressing the shutter halfway has not locked the exposure more than half the time. When I depress the shutter fully, the camera refocuses and takes the picture. This takes a second or so. Occasionally it will work.

I do have AEL w/shutter turned on. It has been on since I bought the camera a couple years ago.

If I press the AF-on button, the camera will fix the exposure, and I can reframe and take the picture.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions or thoughts? Thanks.
Turn the AF AEL with shutter to off if you aren't using Back Button focus

The local Sony Service Centre reports that I need to replace the RL Mount. Not sure what that does, but I think this is a picture of it. Surprisingly inexpensive.
RL Mount.jpg

Back