Big file size

As a new A7RV owner, your comment about LR's de noise not working with medium lossless was news to me. I have worked little with the R5 but I was planning on some testing to see the difference in photos that I took using different levels of compression. You have just saved me a lot of time. I'll do testing AFTER this coming week, as a Surgeon is going to have his way with me next Thursday.
All the best for the surgery Jeff. I’d not be surprised if some future version of LR applied AI to some of the smaller compressed formats but for now I’d say stay with the compatible file types. Even if Adobe does extend the feature to other file types, there are benefits in staying with the large files I have found since moving to the 61MP sensor. Just yesterday I went back to a shot and cropped out a decent portrait of a family member from a group shot and reckon I would have had unacceptable detail if I’d used a more compressed RAW file. Not as good as getting my framing right in camera, but a practical solution.

As a new A7RV owner, your comment about LR's de noise not working with medium lossless was news to me. I have worked little with the R5 but I was planning on some testing to see the difference in photos that I took using different levels of compression. You have just saved me a lot of time. I'll do testing AFTER this coming week, as a Surgeon is going to have his way with me next Thursday.
🙏 Do well and keep us posted.

🙏 Do well and keep us posted.
If I post Friday, that will be good news. I have 3 arteries that are 90-95% plugged with calcium. Stent time (Again) but they are hard to get to. No idea what plan B is but guessing that would be open heart surgery.
:cool:

On my A7RV I shoot in lossless RAW Large. While travelling I was running out of storage so dropped to lossless Medium. Turned out to be a mistake as a lot of shooting was in low light/high ISO and I wanted to use Lightroom Classic’s noise reduction feature but found that would only work on Large not Medium lossless files. That said, the file size grows when using that noise reduction feature, so no escaping needing more storage at some stage of the process.
I recently got an A7RV and added a 6TB drive to my PC to prepare for that. Also, I kept my A7IV because for some things, it is better.

If I post Friday, that will be good news. I have 3 arteries that are 90-95% plugged with calcium. Stent time (Again) but they are hard to get to. No idea what plan B is but guessing that would be open heart surgery.
:cool:
Jeff: I see you're on the forum. How'd the surgery go? A-OK? Hope you're doing well!

Jeff: I see you're on the forum. How'd the surgery go? A-OK? Hope you're doing well!
It went well. I can move about without feeling like I'm going to have a heart attack. I'm doing some projects that I have not been able to do since October. Thanks for asking.

Back