Name
ST
Country
Canada
City/State
British Columbia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
A little off my beaten path, I stopped to take in the view from Cleveland Dam (North Vancouver, BC). This is the Capilano Reservoir which stores about one-third of the region's drinking water.

A7405397_Panorama 1.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • Sony FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS (SEL24105G)
  • 48.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 100

Looking down from the spillway
A7405433_Panorama 1.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • Sony FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS (SEL24105G)
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 100

Last edited:
That is a nice view and nicely captured too.

That is a nice view and nicely captured too.
Thanks, Tim.

This area is about an hour's drive from where I usually walk. I was out that way to pick up some photo-related stuff at the Cotton Carrier warehouse. When I was finished with the business, I asked the fellow who helped me where I could get some interesting shots. He directed me up the mountain.

I was surprised that there was so little wildlife.

Both of these photos are stitched panoramas. The vertical one (new for me) was tricky. I had to take the lens hood off the 24-105 to get it through the fence, and then tip the camera down, then up to take several shots.

Both of these photos are stitched panoramas. The vertical one (new for me) was tricky. I had to take the lens hood off the 24-105 to get it through the fence, and then tip the camera down, then up to take several shots.
I had no idea they were stitched, I thought the 24mm was just that tall in portrait orientation.

Good to see you shooting with no lens skirt mate. We're men, we don't wear those things... 😎

I had no idea they were stitched, I thought the 24mm was just that tall in portrait orientation.
Hi, Chris.
The 24 mm might have been tall enough, but I needed the width to get the people. They provide some scale to the picture.

This is lovely mate. I'd also be interested to see what it would look like if you were able to get back further and wind that focal length up to 100mm or so, I think compressing the background in with this long water before the mountains here might give this image a tiny bit more goodness.

Still, looking very nice already though, that little trip was well worth it. 🌞

Thanks, Clint.

There wasn't much room to back up.

I initially walked in with the 200-600 and 70-200, but I found even the 70 mm too narrow for what I was seeing. I ended up walking back out to the car to swap the 24-105 in for the 70-200. I still had hopes of catching some wildlife or getting some interesting effects with the 200-600. No joy there, but it was still a good afternoon.

Thanks, Clint.

There wasn't much room to back up.

I initially walked in with the 200-600 and 70-200, but I found even the 70 mm too narrow for what I was seeing. I ended up walking back out to the car to swap the 24-105 in for the 70-200. I still had hopes of catching some wildlife or getting some interesting effects with the 200-600. No joy there, but it was still a good afternoon.

It's painful when you hope for and are expecting some animals, then you get none! 🥺

Back