Name
Ed Galea
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Blackheath residents celebrating the coronation of King Charles III with street parties. It was a glorious day, in contrast to the rain on the day of the coronation.
coronation_blackheathpark-2.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/22
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 800
coronation_bunting-3.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/22
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 800
coronation_bunting-4.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 1000
coronation_street_party-1.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/22
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 160
coronation_streetparty-2.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/22
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 800

I dunno, every 70 years you guys seize on the excuse of a coronation just to have a party!

:D ;):cool:

On this side of the pond, I think we Americans mostly don't understand the idea of a Monarchy, but if it works for you guys, that's a good thing. Party on! If it brings you together, that's great. We could use a bit of that here these days.

I'll never understand how people can be so proud to have a stranger rule over them. A celebration for voluntarily giving your power away, extremely sad. No one should even be acknowledging these idiots, let alone call them your king or queen.

Images like this only drive home the fact that people have been slowly conditioned to relinquish their self respect. Celebrating stupidity, ridiculous... 🤦

I'll never understand how people can be so proud to have a stranger rule over them. A celebration for voluntarily giving your power away, extremely sad. No one should even be acknowledging these idiots, let alone call them your king or queen.

Images like this only drive home the fact that people have been slowly conditioned to relinquish their self respect. Celebrating stupidity, ridiculous... 🤦
Clint, I disagree with your characterisation of the British. You've been watching too much TV! The UK, like Australia, is a parliamentary democracy, in which the monarch has no real powers. True, starting with a blank sheet of paper, it's unlikely anyone would invent a monarchy, and there are plenty of dissenting voices in the UK. But the British are a pragmatic lot: as long as the system works - and it does - there is a sense of why fix it if it isn't broken? There are far higher priorities. And the current system does provide a sense of stability and continuity, which is far better than what we see in other democracies. And I rather have the country attending street parties to celebrate a system that works, then mindlessly storming the seat of power because they are told they were robbed of power. Staunch royalists may attract media coverage, but they aren't representative. The average Brit will attend their local street party out of a sense of community, not reverence for the monarch. Don't take cardboard cut-outs of the king too seriously; the British don't! As to ‘voluntarily giving away power’, I don’t think anyone can accuse the Brits of that, a thousand years of history suggests anything but! Finally, last time I checked, King Charles was also the King of Australia, and the Aussies have even less reason for maintaining the monarchy, yet they still firmly hold onto the apron strings (as a dual national, I think I am entitled to make that comment).

On this side of the pond, I think we Americans mostly don't understand the idea of a Monarchy, but if it works for you guys, that's a good thing. Party on! If it brings you together, that's great. We could use a bit of that here these days.
Hey Jeff, on this side of pond we are always amazed (and touched) by the fascination that the cousins have for the British Royal Family. Starting with a blank sheet of paper, it's unlikely anyone would invent a monarchy. But the British are a pragmatic lot: as long as the system works - and it does - there is a sense of why fix it if it isn't broken? The monach also has no real power, that is all vested in parliament. And as the monach is apolitical, the current system provides a sense of stability and continuity that brings people together, regardless of their polical beliefs.

Clint, I disagree with your characterisation of the British. You've been watching too much TV! The UK, like Australia, is a parliamentary democracy, in which the monarch has no real powers. True, starting with a blank sheet of paper, it's unlikely anyone would invent a monarchy, and there are plenty of dissenting voices in the UK. But the British are a pragmatic lot: as long as the system works - and it does - there is a sense of why fix it if it isn't broken? There are far higher priorities. And the current system does provide a sense of stability and continuity, which is far better than what we see in other democracies. And I rather have the country attending street parties to celebrate a system that works, then mindlessly storming the seat of power because they are told they were robbed of power. Staunch royalists may attract media coverage, but they aren't representative. The average Brit will attend their local street party out of a sense of community, not reverence for the monarch. Don't take cardboard cut-outs of the king too seriously; the British don't! As to ‘voluntarily giving away power’, I don’t think anyone can accuse the Brits of that, a thousand years of history suggests anything but! Finally, last time I checked, King Charles was also the King of Australia, and the Aussies have even less reason for maintaining the monarchy, yet they still firmly hold onto the apron strings (as a dual national, I think I am entitled to make that comment).
Clint, thought you might find this amusing.

Attachments

• toast_to_the_king.jpg
    toast_to_the_king.jpg
    546.7 KB · Views: 39
Truth of the matter is that I haven't watched mainstream TV since I was about 20 years old. My family call it the television programming because it's there to program and manipulate people's minds into believing this false reality that has been purposefully created by people who don't have our best interests at heart.

What I'm trying to get at is all about your own personal power. How do you call someone your king or queen when they don't know you and you don't really know them either? How do you just give away your self respect like that? You see, I don't care what some stranger signed or stamped on a piece of paper, no one is my king or queen, nor does Australia own me. My parents are the only people who are above me.

On another note. With all the inbreeding that has occurred with that 'royal' family, in any other aspect of our lives that would be frowned upon by the vast majority, but because the television programming works it's magic this moronic, weird and unremarkable family is put up on a pedestal.

Tell you what, look into the truth about your so called King and what his main priorities are. Type in on your web browser 'prince charles world economic forum the great reset', do some research for today into the anti human agenda that he is a leading figure head for and jets all around the world relentlessly promoting. I'll bet the BBC has never addressed this for their audience...

Last edited by a moderator:
Clint, thought you might find this amusing.

It is amusing that's for sure. When was the last time you done that for one of your loved ones who are closest to you..?

You obviously mean well and you seem to have had fun doing it, and good on you for creating something which took a lot of effort, but instead of that grub's face it would have been amazing to see this image which you done of your mum or dad instead, someone who actually truly means something to you. All I'd suggest is to take a proper look into what and who you give your attention and self respect to, as things are absolutely not always what they seem. England would definitely not be celebrating this rubbish if they knew the truth, it would be quite the opposite actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back