Dear Sony, please refresh the...

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Wasn't it one of the early lenses? They are very poor at releasing better versions of old lenses I must admit.

Yes. What brought this to mind was the list Sony just released on A9III lens compatibility. The 24-240 isn't on it. I would rather have a decent 24-240 than the 24-105, for obvious reasons. I bought a Tamron 28-200 at one point but returned it. The 28 is too narrow for where I like to set up at the track. 20 might even be better but I can get by with 24.

OOOO! A 20-200/4!

Yes. What brought this to mind was the list Sony just released on A9III lens compatibility. The 24-240 isn't on it. I would rather have a decent 24-240 than the 24-105, for obvious reasons. I bought a Tamron 28-200 at one point but returned it. The 28 is too narrow for where I like to set up at the track. 20 might even be better but I can get by with 24.

OOOO! A 20-200/4!
For someone that says 15fps is the most you need and laughs at frame rates 20+ why do you care that a lens cannot hit the 120fps of the A9iii?

For someone that says 15fps is the most you need and laughs at frame rates 20+ why do you care that a lens cannot hit the 120fps of the A9iii?
I don't. The list popped up on SARS and I read through it and noted the lens wasn't on it. I've been hoping they upgrade it for several years and it reminded me of that fact. I don't give a rat's fat ass if it can do greater than 15fps or not.

Try reading it again while keeping it in context.

1080514-319564.jpg

Sony’s “helpful” response might be to point out that “what you really need” is TWO A9 mark III cameras, one with the 20-70 G (on the list) and the other with the 70-200 G II or GM II (Both in the list). Total price up in the squillions of dollars level ;)o_O:unsure::ROFLMAO:

(not my advice!! Just what I expect the Sony response to be).

I found the list interesting - I have some of those lenses already, and I want to replace the 85 GM (which was conspicuously absent!). Thought it was funny that the FE 85mm f/1.8 was on the list! I gave mine away recently…

Further to your thread title: I am waiting with eagerness for the replacement of the Sony 85 GM (preferably f/1.2).

The 90 G Macro wasn’t there, but I don’t expect to shoot that lens at 120fps (although that would make for a really fast focus bracket!)

If they made the 100 400 mkII internal focus I'd be interested, but otherwise I don't think there is a lens out that I'm interested in that needs an update.

The 90 G Macro wasn’t there, but I don’t expect to shoot that lens at 120fps (although that would make for a really fast focus bracket!)
That would be pretty awesome.

Since Sony purchased part of Tameron in June of 2018, which they have since added to, they have released only 2 non-G/GM Full Frame lenses. The last non-G/GM full-frame lens was the FE 28-60mm f/4-5.6 in Sep 2020.

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back