Followers
Following
Name
thomas l gannon
Country
United States
City/State
Atwater,
I can't understand - why Sony does not have a "Delete All" option. Formatting the card works - (it also Deletes any "protected" images you saved..)

So my question is - if I put the card in my computer, and select "delete" will that accomplish the same - as Formatting - in the camera?

One of Sony's better ideas. Only camera I'm aware of that you can't 'delete all' without reformatting or jumping through hoops. Sheer stupidity.

I can't understand - why Sony does not have a "Delete All" option. Formatting the card works - (it also Deletes any "protected" images you saved..)

So my question is - if I put the card in my computer, and select "delete" will that accomplish the same - as Formatting - in the camera?
Select all, then delete wouldn't be the same as Format. As I understand it, Format is a complete clean and re-sector of the disc/card and files are not recoverable after. Where as Delete makes the space available to be written over as if it's an empty disc/card. The files can be recovered if done prior the next session.

One of Sony's better ideas. Only camera I'm aware of that you can't 'delete all' without reformatting or jumping through hoops. Sheer stup

One of Sony's better ideas. Only camera I'm aware of that you can't 'delete all' without reformatting or jumping through hoops. Sheer stupidity.
They do that because people delete inadvertently, recovering a deleted Sony file is all but impossible anyway regardless of software available.

They do that because people delete inadvertently, recovering a deleted Sony file is all but impossible anyway regardless of software available.
No need to protect us from ourselves. If people can't figure out how to operate the camera, it's their own fault.

Back