Name
Ed Galea
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Nelson keeping a watchful eye on London. You can just seen the date of construction at the base of the statue - 1843.
nelson-1.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 191.0 mm
  • ƒ/22
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 640

In all honesty this I think would of made a far better statement if it was taken from the front.
I know everyone does that but really this angle of shot has missed the mark, sorry about being honest in what I personally am looking at.
As many others may like it so this is just my opinion.

In all honesty this I think would of made a far better statement if it was taken from the front.
I know everyone does that but really this angle of shot has missed the mark, sorry about being honest in what I personally am looking at.
As many others may like it so this is just my opinion.
Thanks Ralph, no worries. But I wanted to do something different rather than the cliche shot of Nelson from the front. This has been done so many times, including by me, I thought it would be interested to do him from the rear. This is also important - in my opinion - as it tries to give Nelsons perspective. In my shot, you can just see Nelsons eye giving the impression of his ever watchful protective gaze. Tradition has it that Nelson must be able to see out along the Thames all the way to the English Channel and if Nelson can no longer see this vista, England will fall to some foreign foe. This is also why there can be no construction in London that obcures Nelsons view along the Thames. The idea for the shot came to me when I was explaining the significance of the column to a tourist who stopped me while I was shooting the lions at the base of the statue.
nelson-2.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 191.0 mm
  • ƒ/22
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 640

New in Marketplace

Back