Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
A friend was asked to put together a car show for a local distillery in his hometown, about 30 minutes west of me. He owns and drives a funny car, so he decided to do something a bit different. Instead of just street rods, he decided to have two divisions, one race cars, and the other show cars. It went pretty well for an inaugural event, with just over 100 vehicles showing up. This was pretty surprising since there were two other much larger established shows going on, plus a Corvette Club gathering the same day.

He had asked early on if I would be able to shoot the event as a favor. This is the first show I've done this year. As always, many more on Flickr.

A beautiful old Chevrolet:
DSC04360 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

A NASCAR Dale Earnhardt tribute car. This thing was crazy, it is the real deal Stock NASCAR, converted to street legal!
DSC04376 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

A Ford F100. Loved this color.
DSC04405 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

DSC04406 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

I had to set the camera on the street to get an up-angle shot of this lowrider pickup ratrod.
DSC04336 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

Here's the rest of it
DSC04337 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

A very cool Midget Racer. The owner had a binder full of historical data relating to the car, including races attended and a couple photos of Al Unser in the car.
DSC04326 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

A Dodge Viper V-10
DSC04313 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

This 1971 Torino Cobra was one of only a few built from 1969 to 1971. It was purchased new from the Ford dealer in this same town and is still owned by the original purchaser. It won best of show in the street car division.
DSC04293 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

A very old pickup:
DSC04267 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

DSC04268 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

This is a Top Alcohol Funny Car. The 'Muldowney' in the name refers to Shirly 'Cha Cha' Muldowney, the first woman ever to be licensed by the NHRA to drive a Top Fuel Dragster. She went on to win three national titles. Now in her 80's, she's a partner and advisor to the team.
DSC04210 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

A look down the race division lineup
DSC04371 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

Wow that's a great collection of hp

Thank you for sharing. I really enjoyed it.

How did the fiat 500 end in the line up?
He uses it for some kind of flat track racing. He has a whole setup. I think he does hill climb too.

DSC04217 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

The racing division of the show was for any kind of competition vehicle. He had the NASCAR Stock car, the Midget Racer, this Fiat, and a mud track car:
DSC04374 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

He also had a drag boat, a hydroplane, and competition motorcycles lined up, but they didn't show.

Awesome series, and what Spud said. That's a sporty girls "dad bought me a car" :)

Well some of them are pocket rockets mate, dont under estimate small cars 🤣
I never underestimate any car, but that would not be a first choice over here for a young person wanting a car. Not even close.

Well some of them are pocket rockets mate, dont under estimate small cars 🤣
I know, a mate has the Yamaha tuned one, but it's just a fast roller skate

I never underestimate any car, but that would not be a first choice over here for a young person wanting a car. Not even close.
Well I suppose you dont need to turn around corners

Well I suppose you dont need to turn around corners
No, I just want some steel around me. I wouldn't put that thing on the highway for love nor money.

No, I just want some steel around me. I wouldn't put that thing on the highway for love nor money.
Yep I have driven over there many times and it is interesting to say the least

Love the modern Vette

Love the modern Vette
My son was over there last year and had rented a mustang 5.0 litre but the rental company asked him what he wanted and he took a yellow corvette instead, it seems to be his go to when he is in America

My son was over there last year and had rented a mustang 5.0 litre but the rental company asked him what he wanted and he took a yellow corvette instead, it seems to be his go to when he is in America
That would be my choice. Vettes are the ultimate US sports car.

A friend was asked to put together a car show for a local distillery in his hometown, about 30 minutes west of me. He owns and drives a funny car, so he decided to do something a bit different. Instead of just street rods, he decided to have two divisions, one race cars, and the other show cars. It went pretty well for an inaugural event, with just over 100 vehicles showing up. This was pretty surprising since there were two other much larger established shows going on, plus a Corvette Club gathering the same day.

He had asked early on if I would be able to shoot the event as a favor. This is the first show I've done this year. As always, many more on Flickr.

A NASCAR Dale Earnhardt tribute car. This thing was crazy, it is the real deal Stock NASCAR, converted to street legal!

I had to set the camera on the street to get an up-angle shot of this lowrider pickup ratrod.

Here's the rest of it

A very cool Midget Racer. The owner had a binder full of historical data relating to the car, including races attended and a couple photos of Al Unser in the car.

A Dodge Viper V-10

This 1971 Torino Cobra was one of only a few built from 1969 to 1971. It was purchased new from the Ford dealer in this same town and is still owned by the original purchaser. It won best of show in the street car division.

A very old pickup:

This is a Top Alcohol Funny Car. The 'Muldowney' in the name refers to Shirly 'Cha Cha' Muldowney, the first woman ever to be licensed by the NHRA to drive a Top Fuel Dragster. She went on to win three national titles. Now in her 80's, she's a partner and advisor to the team.

Love the collection, looks like a great event! My favourites are the chevy (first image), very cool and the Cobra, very badass

Here's the rest of it

A Dodge Viper V-10

A very old pickup:

Great job, that photo shoot had to be fun.

Great job, that photo shoot had to be fun.
Thanks. It was a laid-back day of hanging out with friends old and new, talking sh*t about cars, hearing war stories about this race or that hot rod, etc.

I love and I really mean this that I love the Brown Ute which is what we call them in Australian but you call them Trucks.
It is just something I would love to own. I remember watching a few car reno's tv shows and these older couples buy these and then travel America in them.
When I heard that I thought what a way to live out the rest of your life driving around in a show stopper with your partner.
Great shot of that one and the rest are as good but that one took my eye right away.

Back