Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
The track has given it's blessing and other photographers are beginning to put up images. I am posting these with the greatest respect for the family, the track staff, and everyone who was there and witnessed the tragic event.

Instead of a car, I'll start with a candid shot of two drag racing legends. The man on the left is Jay Howell, who had a storied career. Mainly known for driving the Prock and Howell 1933 Willys 'F Troop', pictured below. A search for him online will reveal his contributions to many famous cars, people, and custom racing design and manufacturing shops. Jay was the honoree of the day and received an award for his career. The man on the right is Al Bergler, a funny car builder/driver/owner legend, mainly known for the Motown Shaker series of cars, also pictured below. Both cars are original, not tribute or re-pops.

DSC01449 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

Who needs a car show!
DSC01183 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

DSC01443 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

'Easy Money' BB/FC, Alcohol burning Funny Car. I'm finding the A7R III is peculiarly suited to panning shots.
DSC01504 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

'T-Rex' lifting the wheels at launch. This is the car that used my shot for their hero card.
DSC04344 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

What year is it again? This could almost be straight out of 1972, when these cars would've met on the track. The red Chevy Vega 'Grumpy's Toy IX' is a tribute car, the Mopar Missile is an original.
DSC01480 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

The Chevamoco. This is the original car fully restored. Altered wheelbase with an extended frame and the engine moved back under the cowl. If anyone ever wondered how funny cars got started, you're looking at a fine example.
DSC01470 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

A beautiful old Bantam Altered
DSC01445 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

The real deal, a AA/FD. Nostalgia Nitro are my favorites. Loud and fast. This is a burnout during a test run earlier in the day.
DSC04280 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

188 shots in the Flickr album, click through any of the shots to get there.

More action, less static!

The Detroit Tiger BB/FC starting a burnout. If you click through to Flickr and zoom you can see the rubber particles from the tires in the smoke. And some people ask why I don't like to change lenses out there!
DSC04232 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

A Ramchargers tribute car.
DSC01316 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

A cool old Altered 'the Panty Dropper' doing a burnout
DSC01829 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

Wheels up!
DSC04571 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

No idea what this was about, but it was fast. He ended up bouncing off the right wall in the shut down area and pegging the left wall head on.
DSC01625 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

A very nice Willys Gasser.
DSC04174 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

Love these Fiat bodies, they make great outlaw altereds!
DSC04259 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

Very cool photos, as you guys would say "no substitute for cubic inches" !

Awesome series.

More action, less static!

The Detroit Tiger BB/FC starting a burnout. If you click through to Flickr and zoom you can see the rubber particles from the tires in the smoke. And some people ask why I don't like to change lenses out there!
DSC04232 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

A Ramchargers tribute car.
DSC01316 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

A cool old Altered 'the Panty Dropper' doing a burnout
DSC01829 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

Wheels up!
DSC04571 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

No idea what this was about, but it was fast. He ended up bouncing off the right wall in the shut down area and pegging the left wall head on.
DSC01625 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

A very nice Willys Gasser.
DSC04174 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

Love these Fiat bodies, they make great outlaw altereds!
DSC04259 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr
nice TIM sorry I missed these as I was away when you posted mate :)

You did a really good job.

You did a really good job.
Thanks. Seems like it's all I do anymore!

The season is almost over, a few more events and that'll be it. This coming weekend is the Nostalgia Nationals, last big event of the year. It is always a bittersweet time of year for me. It takes a lot of my time all summer and I get burnt out, but by the time we get into November I'll be wishing we were getting started again!

Thanks. Seems like it's all I do anymore!

The season is almost over, a few more events and that'll be it. This coming weekend is the Nostalgia Nationals, last big event of the year. It is always a bittersweet time of year for me. It takes a lot of my time all summer and I get burnt out, but by the time we get into November I'll be wishing we were getting started again!
What is that then Tim take great shots or shoot car event?

What is that then Tim take great shots or shoot car event?
Other stuff probably. Car shows and racing are both seasonal. I will try to make the grandaddy of them all, the Detroit Autorama this year. Missed last year due to the ice storm. That isn't until February.

Other stuff probably. Car shows and racing are both seasonal. I will try to make the grandaddy of them all, the Detroit Autorama this year. Missed last year due to the ice storm. That isn't until February.
A race then between the car show and the a9iii which will turn up first ;)

Great set of shots and some way out the designs that you would never think possible, but there they are in full photo.

Back