Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
Woke up to make coffee and take care of the dog, and looked outside. Time to put some effort in. Caught some excellent light!

DSC05111.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS
  • 36.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 640
DSC05117.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS
  • 55.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 160

Lovely shots. My favourite is number 2: there was a superb light then.

Wow, super shots, super light!

That frost would have sent me scuttling back to my warm bed.

It was admittedly a tough decision. Hot coffee, the news, and dog time, or walk around outside in 27 degrees. I compromised and took the hot coffee with me!

My fingers got pretty cold. I need to find my old hunting mittens that flip open to expose fingertips.

I would like to take those kind of shots but I cannot, since I don't have a dog to wake me up early in the morning. If that would be the only problem.

I would like to take those kind of shots but I cannot, since I don't have a dog to wake me up early in the morning. If that would be the only problem.
I still work and find myself up at the regular time most mornings. Dead of winter will see me sleep a bit later. Right now our sunrise is about 7:40 a.m., so plenty of time to get up and out. It's mostly about braving the cold!

Here's another one from the set. This was just before I made the bend in the trail and took the second shot above. You can see the light from the sun filtering through. I wish I had returned to the spot and make several more as the sun came up, I'll bet there was a point where it wasn't too much or too little. Probably spectacular, and I blew it!

DSC05115 by telecast, on Flickr

Back