Followers
Following
Name
Sandy
Country
United States
City/State
Astoria, Oregon
The A7M III just arrived. Sony is very smart: the battery needs to be charged. So to kill time I will read the manual, AKA RTFM. I saw it naked and unadorned and was struck again on just how small these cameras are. Yes, the electronics can be built very, very small but this computer still needs a shutter and a place to hang a lens, and Sony does not allocate much more real estate than needed.

I have a Pentax Q-S1 which I like a lot. It punches well above its weight. Here it is alongside a full-frame Sony. Yes, it is out of focus as I did not get back far enough for the 24 - 240. Bearable error. I knew it when I did it but was so psyched about the camera I was rushing to get it photographed and then charged. I attended a "public" school when a kid whose motto, in Latin of course, was "Having been warned we will strive to do better." That kind of brightens your day, doesn't it? I will try in focus shots in the future. When I calm down a bit. My A7M II is a great camera and has done well by me but this 73 is killer. The 72 gets shipped to an old friend. He did not like the M240 I gave him and gave it back. I don't like it much, either, as it is a fussy, expensive anachronism with dodgy focusing and exposure software. If I want to "git 'er done" it is the Sony.

/rant

DSC04608.JPG

Last edited:
Your going to love it! Congratulations.

I am already at the infatuation stage. Love will soon follow.

Back