Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Country
United States
City/State
Dallas/Oregon
I'm fairly new with Sony. A few years ago I got a RX10 iv for the family to use. And back in November 2018 I got the Sony A7ii for using manual focus lenses. It was this January that I made a full switch to Sony. I was a Fujifilm user since 2015. I had quite a bit of gear because my photography as a hobbyist changed in the course of those five years but I rarely traded in my gear. In the process, I'm still wrapping my head around the usage of four Sony cameras.
For most of my general purpose photography: A7Riii
For wildlife and low light no flash event photography: A9 and A7iii
For infrared: 590nm converted A7Rii

The low light no flash event photography sadly did not happen this year so I'm still unsure how good my choices are with the a9 and a7iii. I do this type of photography as a donation for a non-profit organization that ties young people together into performing theater. Some of my shots do end up getting printed on posters and other media which was a surprise for me to see.

Thank you for joining and introducing yourself pointreyes. It does sound like you have quite a choice of cameras at your disposal! Both the a9 and a7III do a great job at handling low light, although the a7S II and newly announced a7S III are the kings of the hill in this arena.

Back